Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Friday, November 30, 2007

My holiday community project!

Aloha friends! The holidays are here! Everyone is so busy prepping for the holidays including me! All of the rushing shopping, decorating and all of that stress! With all of this madness, we sometimes forget the meaning of giving. I have to remind myself that some people don't have anyone to celebrate with.
How would you like to join my family and me in sharing in the joy of making a difference in someone's Christmas? This is something that our family likes to do during the holidays. With the help of family and friends, we have donated toys to charities such as The Ronald McDonald House and Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & children (long term care for children) unit. It is such a good feeling to give. We should always feel blessed each and every day and give thanks for what we have, but it's something about the holidays, at least for me that is, that makes me feel like doing a little something extra to bring joy to someone else's life.
This year, we decided to bring some smiles to our senior citizens! What we would like to do is to collect socks to help our seniors keep their feet nice and toasty on our chilly Hawaiian evenings. Living in tropical paradise somehow thins the blood and it sometimes it does get cold! We haven't selected a specific care home just yet, but depending on how many donations of socks we receive, we will choose a couple of care homes to share the joy. We are, however, thinking of possibly going to the Manoa Care Homes since Eric used to work at these homes before he had his knee surgery. We are in the process of getting permission to visit and deliver the socks.
If you would like to share the joy to brighten a life of one of our seniors, you can participate in our "socks for seniors" holiday cheer by sending a pair of socks to me for a senior. The socks do not have to be expensive socks. I will accept donations of socks for both male and female, various sizes, colors - whatever you donate, we will find a feet to fit them! I will wrap each donation in a festive cello bag and also attach a holiday tag with your name on it (first name).
Won't you join us?? We are looking forward to bringing joy to our seniors and would truly appreciate any donation. You may send your donation of socks to me Teri Suzuki, 41-049 Manana Street, Waimanalo, HI 96795 or let me know if I can pick it up from you (local, of course!) and I will coordinate the pick up. Email me or call me 230-0005. For those of you far away, if you would like to join in on this caring activity, please feel free to send me a pair of socks. I will accept donations til December 10th as I will be wrapping them and then we will make the delivery possibly on December 15th.
There is so much for me to be thankful for! I give thanks to each one of you who has touched my life. Whether you choose to support me in this giving venture, please know that I appreciate you!
Hugs and blessings,
Teri

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a thoughtful idea. So many times we associate Christmas with giving of gifts to children that we sometimes forget the elderly. I'm sure the residents will appreciate your thoughtfulness. Thank you for coordinating this drive.

jodene said...

What a wonderful idea!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I still have my socks to give you...I have to get them to you...I don't want to be late...so sorry. Let me know how and when should I get it to you. thank you for your kindness and generosity and for always giving!