Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Socks for Seniors update!

I want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! to all of you who made donations to my socks for seniors project this holiday season. I managed to collect 200 pairs of socks!! Wowee!!!! I am so excited! I never expected such a huge amount of socks. Your generousity makes me grin from ear to ear! You all have big hearts and sharing to make someone's Christmas merry makes me have goose bumps!
We decided to go to two places to share the warmth. The first place is Pohai Nani - a senior home, care home and nursing home. When Nolan was a member of the Keiki Palaka Band, they performed there a few times and the residents there just loved the kids. The gal I spoke to there said there were a total of 60 seniors who sometimes are forgotten especially during this time of the year. Made me feel a little teary eyed when she said that. We actually wanted to personally go in and give out the socks, but as luck would have it, Nolan got sick (doctor told us it was walking pnemonia) and he also ended up with bronchitis! Sleepless nights for mom here!
Oh! back to the socks! We also shared the warmth with the seniors at Aloha Care nursing home. It was surely a "chicken skin" moment (goosebumps) when Eric and I went in to drop off the socks. Volunteers were smiling and hugged us for sharing. I had to tell them that it wasn't all from me but from all of my wonderful and caring friends!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this happen! You all have shown the true meaning of giving this holiday!!

1 comment:

Little C's Creations said...

oh wow!! what a great amount of socks came in, girlfriend! good for you!!! what a wonderful family experience for the Suzuki's!!

hugs,
Jen