Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

March class cards

Happy Wednesday! I love the middle of the week! Only a few days more until another weekend!
Here are the two cards that was made at my March class. This first card is the peek-a-boo card. The way the image changes when you open the card reminds of me when I used to read books to my son. It's such a delight when you have moving parts that surprise you! This first picture is of the card closed. Here's a shot of the card being opened and you can see the colored image starting to show (the excitement is building!)

Here's the card opened! Ta-da! The image changed from uncolored to colored in a split second! Fun, huh?!
Here's the second card we made. This card is called the suspension card. It is just like the gift card holder only thing is we put a surprise in the middle instead of a gift card (not that the gift card wouldn't be a surprise!). Here's the front cover. When I was working on creating this card, I colored so many of these cute skunks because the colors just didn't jive. I finally settled for Sahara Sand. I used the ink refill and my aqua painter to color it in. Pretty in pink for the stripes.
and here is the card open. The circles can twirl on that linen thread. How cool is that? Now I have to tell you that I got these awesome ideas from my blog idol, Dawn, from Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. This girl totally rocks the blog world (to me anyway) and I'm happy that she is addicted to video tutorials. Seems so much better to watch a demo, ya know? Anyway, if you would like to learn how to make these two fantastic cards, hop on over to Dawn's blog here (Hi girlie!)
Here's the specs for these two cards:
Peek-a-Boo card: Just Celebrate (Owl, Whoo hoo!) and Friendship Blooms (SAB set). Ink: Very Vanilla craft ink for the flowers and words, chocolate chip for the owl. Markers: close to cocoa, more mustard and really rust. Cardstock: chocolate chip, old olive, very vanilla. Accessories: scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches.
Suspension card: Pun Fun, A Good Egg (dots) and Make it Count - the word stamp "100% true" (level 1 hostess). Ink: Sahara sand ink refill, chocolate chip. Markers: Pretty in pink and summer sun. Cardstock: Pretty in pink, chocolate chip, certainly celery. whisper white and regal rose. Accessories: Three for You flower punch, rhinestone, chocolate chip satin ribbon, 1 3/8", 1 1/4", 1" and 3/4" circle punches, white gel pen (to accent the choc chip dots) and linen thread.
Thanks for stopping by for a look today. Have a wonderful Wednesday! Stay tuned for pics of my mini acetate scrapbook!
THERE IS STILL TIME! IF YOU HAVEN'T SENT ME AN EMAIL TO ENTER MY BLOGAVERSARY CONTEST FOR A GOODIE BAG (I'm giving away at least FIVE!), EMAIL ME A MESSAGE NOW! THE EMAIL YOU NEED TO SEND THE MESSAGE TO IS tjaysuzuki@gmail.com SEE MY BLOGAVERSARY POST BELOW - comments also welcome on that post :)

4 comments:

Denise said...

I sure had a lot of fun at your class. I need to make another "owl" card! Hopefully better this time.

Rita said...

I'm luvin both of these cards Teri! My favorite is the brown one, very cute!!! The Pink one is adorable, I luv those colors together! I need to try some of these moving cards real soon!

Corie said...

These cards are FANTASTIC!!!

gaylestamps said...

These cards are so cute! I wish I lived close enough to come to your class but Oklahoma is a little too far away. Do you have a class kit that you would sell or maybe instructions for the Owl card? I have the set and would love to make this card.

gaylestamps@earthlink.net