Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

We're back

in business! Well, sort of. I still have some issues on my home computer mainly getting on the internet and having those messages pop up about accepting cookies. Driving me crazy! There are a few more things we have to take care of in setting up the computer so that hopefully no unwanted downloads will be authorized. It is a horrible thing for people to have to go through in this day and age when the computer has become so much a part of our daily lives. I know that you all know what I mean!! This pic is kind of blurry, but Nolan was laughing hard when he snapped this. The look on Mochiko's face makes me laugh because she kind of objected me holding her to take a pic. Boy, do I look like I had some happy pills huh.
I want to say THANK YOU to all of you for your encouraging comments to me about keeping this blog alive. I really wasn't telling you all that I was closing my blog, I just felt like I wanted to because it takes a bunch of time that sometimes I just don't have. I will do my absolute best to keep this thing going. THANK YOU to all of you who have stepped out of your comfort zone to post a comment, that means alot to me. Well, emough of that talk, let's go on to the fun things and the reasons why we look at blogs!!
Here's a cute 'n simple 3X3 card I made using this stamp I bought from J's knicknacks. Can you believe that this stamp cost only $1.25?? There's a whole shelf of $1.25 priced stamps, so hurry down to get the good ones!! Recipe: Hi Stamp, marvy mega scallop circle punch, black grosgrain ribbon, whisper white and basic black cardstock, cuttlebug swiss dot folder.
This next card was a card I so wanted to submit to Allison's dot challenge for last week's suggestive sunday challenge. I didn't make it, but wanted to post this anyway!! I made this a fun birthday card and someone special is getting this cuz it's already in the mail!! Someone who is celebrating her birthday this Friday! I know she is reading my post :)
This monkey die is a Sizzix Bigz die, so cute!! Paper piecing takes alot of time, but this one wasn't too bad as there weren't too many different colors.
Here's the inside of the card. I just had to use this Changito monkey. Colored with my copic pen. I love this shade of brown for Changito!
Recipe: Green Galore, chocolate chip, creamy caramet, close to cocoa, pumpkin pie, tempting turquoise and summer sun cardstock, cuttlebug embossing folder (dots - sorry, don't remember the name of it!!), 1/2" circle punch, blue grosgrain ribbon, Monkey sizzix die, Changito, Oh puh-leeze and Fabulous birthday stamp, three for you flower punch, rhinestone.
It feels good to be back and loved by so many. Thank you from the top of my head to my toes. It's Wednesday!!

8 comments:

Denise said...

Glad things are better, you look so happy! I love those monkey cards.

Allison Rankin said...

OMG...your monkey cards are too cute (esp. the one with the die-cuts!). I am glad you are still keeping up with us...I am not glad that you look so darn cute and young in that pic (and in shorts no less...I have the space heater by my desk!).

Sheree said...

The cards are so cute. Can't believe that stamp is only 1.25! And the monkey card is so cute! I don't think I'll have patience to put the monkey together, though. You look so cute w/Mochiko. Too bad she doesn't like being carried!
See you later, Cheryl

Gina Wrona said...

Aloha Teri,

Glad to see you back & happy! Hopefully you'll get thru those computer troubles quickly, but I just love those monkeys! You did a fabulous job!!!!
(((((((hugs & Mahalo)))))))))
Gina

CHARLOTTE said...

Yes, cute monkey cards, and I love the polka dot cuttlebug background - haven't tried it yet.
Your craft area looks great - it's nice to have a place where you can get your creative juices going. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

glad you're back online! you always have such great ideas...i bought the same sizzix die but had no idea what to do with it until now...thanks for always sharing!

Rita said...

You look like your having fun with your cat, she's so cute! I luv your monkey cards their adorable! I know what you mean about computers, that happened to me quite a few times with my old one, we finally got a new one about 2 years ago & so far so good, knock on wood! We hated to have to reload everything every time we got infected. Well good luck with yours & hopefully everything will be back to normal again.

Corie said...

All of these are so adorable!!