Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tardy Mahalo's and a busy weekend!

I can't believe it's already Sunday evening. I swear it was just Friday!!! Friday night, Nolan and I went to see "Kung Fu Panda" at Windward Mall. It was a really cute movie. I haven't been to the movies in ages so this was nice.
I've been meaning to post these RAKS that I've gotten the past few weeks. So to those of you who rak'd me, thanks for your patience. These last few weeks of Nolan in school has been more stressful for me than him. For those of you moms out there know what I'm talking about. We gotta keep the kids on their toes, right??
This first rak came from Lori Morita. She sent me a card to thank me for the blogaversary goodies. The leaves that she used on this card are real leaves someone sent to her. This card is stunning IRL. Thank you so much Lori! I love this card! This next rak came from Kacie. She saw my quick grad card post and inquired about those glassine envelopes because she couldn't find any on the island. I sent her a bunch and she sent me these neat embellishments. Wow! I'll need to work on some cards using these. Thanks Kacie!
I'm so embarrassed that I did not acknowledge my next rak sooner. My sweet cousin Pam from San Fran sent me these neat goodies. I've been so pre-occupied with so many demands that I didn't even call Pam to say thank you. So Pam, if you are reading this, THANK YOU SO MUCH!! You are the sweetest cousin ever!! Love you! I hope I have some time to use all of these goodies!
The final rak for today's post came from my BFF Wini. She is so thoughtful. You guys all know how crazy I've been making those flip albums, right? Well, she got this idea from another bff Joyce who found this tutorial on making the flip album in a mini size and using the bind it all machine. How cool is that?? Here's what wini gave to me. She even personalized it with my name using her new cricut expression machine that she got for Mother's Day from her family. Is that lucky, or what?? Thanks Wini! I love it! and you...



On Saturday, I took Nolan and a friend, Matthew to the 50th State Fair at the Aloha Stadium. We bought those ride bracelets for unlimited riding from noon to 6 p.m. The boys had a blast while mom waited for them and held their juice bottles and prizes that they won from playing games. In between, I put everything on the ground so I could sneak in a few photos. It was such a HOT day but this time, I didn't forget to put on some strong sunscreen!
waiting for the ride to start...
Can you imagine little me carrying all of these toys, 2 water bottles, my umbrella (yes, I brought an umbrella and felt like an old lady - haha!) and my purse? I think I was more pooped than the kids. When we came home, I took a shower right away and jumped into bed. I was feeling really tired and felt like I was coming down with something. Probaby all of that strong hawaiian sun beating down on me huh. My body felt achy too and it was probably from all of that standing.

Sorry such a long post. Trying to make up for the couple of days that I was MIA. Thanks for the visit. I will be back tomorrow!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing all of the RAKs - you are loved. I especially loved the flip album Wini made for you. Seeing pics of Nolan and his friends brought back memories when I brought my children to the fair ... enjoy the time with Nolan now before he grows up and wants to go with his girlfriend!

Risa said...

Your RAKs and gifts are very lovely and generous Teri! You are so blessed and loved. Thanks for sharing the pictures of the fair. I love fairs and the French Fries are my favorite:)

Rita said...

Fabulous RAK's & so well deserved! You are the best Teri!
Luv the pictures of the fair, looks like you all had a blast! Thanks for sharing!

Sheree said...

All the RAK's are sooo nice. You're a good mommy to take Nolan to the Fair. Looks like they had a great time and he'll always remember the time you took from your busy schedule to spend time with him. See you soon!
Cheryl

Gina Wrona said...

Aloha Teri,

I haven't forgot about you, just been MIA myself since my sisterinlaw died and the kids just getting out of school besides my son making his confirmation and my 2nd grade class making their communion.

I'm so glad you got all those beautiful RAKs, well deserved!

(((hugs))
Gina