Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Friday, July 18, 2008

Finally! Girl's of the World

I finally made some time to complete my Girl's of the World cards. I downloaded these cutie images off the internet through a link that Allison posted on her blog a while back, yeah, I know, a long way while back! I work slow...I just love these images and just couldn't wait to make cards with them. If you would like to download these images, here's the link through Allison's blog - GIRLS I will post more girls in the days to follow...

Here's the first card that I made. I spent some time trying to look up a good sentiment to put on this card, I thought "Konnichiwa!" (Hello, good afternoon) was good, and then I thought of "Otomodachi" (friend) was appropriate and then it hit me, this was not a Japanese girl, but a Chinese one?? By then, I gave up, haha! the joke was on me! I decided to just use "Hello" ...
The DS paper is from my scrap pile and is a SU paper, now retired and long gone. So long gone, I forgot the name (sorry). I really need to use more of my Hodgepodge Hardware cuz I have tons! This hardware really added to the card (to me).
Always try to add some bling. Bling always makes things look good, don't you think??
Supplies:
DS paper - SU
Cardstock: Pixie Pink, Old Olive, Whisper White, Real Red
Punch - from the Three for You set
Rhinestones (bought from Ben Franklin Crafts)
Silver Hodgepodge hardware
Hello stamp from Fundamental Phrases stamp set (SU)
Red gingham ribbon (SU)
Image from internet

Good news. Doctor appointment yesterday (after a loooonnnggg wait!) and doc says I am just badly bruised up and there's alot of swelling. Recommended me taking Aleve to bring the inflammation down and to rest. I'm at home today resting. Okay, so I took a blog break! Check back with doc in 2 weeks to see the progress. Aleve makes me dopey/sleepy, I took a nap yesterday..."gasp!" yup, took a nap. I NEVER take naps! Thanks to those who emailed me with kind thoughts, meant alot to me! XOXO...
Happy Aloha Friday everyone! Hope your weekend is a fun one!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that there's nothing serious with your blog - use this downtime to relax and stamp, Teri.
Will check out Alison's blog - cute chawan cut girl.

Risa said...

Hi Terri,
I'm glad that you are OK and your injury wasn't serious. Continue to nap and rest though:)
Your card is so adorable and those Girls of the World are really cute. I also like the paper and the little flowers with the bling...super cute and I'm sad to hear that the DP is retired! I really really like it!!!

hugs
Risa:)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

She's perfect. I love love love the way you used the three for you flowers. (Especially the way they repeat the little flower in her hand. TOO sweet! And what a gorgeous layout! I hesitated at first about buying that punch kit, but it was SO worth it! :0)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

P.S. Last, but not least...I'm sending you get well wishes for a speedy recovery :0) & you're not alone, Aleve knocks me out too.)

Jodi said...

Rest up and RELAX! No stamping for 1 whole day!! Just kidding... it drives me nuts if i can't do something crafty EVERYDAY! Glad to hear it was nothing serious!
Love the girl on your card, she's really cute! =)

Rita said...

I'm so glad that you didn't break anything & you are on the road to recovery! Rest is the best medicine girl! See your body was telling you to slow down for awhile.

Luv this card, you did a super job & like you I luv that bling!!!

Gina Wrona said...

Aloha Teri,

Good to hear or should I say, read, your good news. If the Aleve makes you sleepy, what about Advil? I have found it works better for me for the swelling in my ankles/feet.
Take Care dahling.......
(hugs)
Gina