Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

On Hawaiian time

"On Hawaiian Time"...which can mean always behind everyone else. Hey!, that sounds like me here but that's okay, Hawaiian time is fine with me..
Can you believe that I purchased these Fresh Cut Notes last month and did absolutely nothing with it??? Sheesh! Well, yesterday, I made up my mind to create something with it because I wanted to return the favor and make a card for my friend Colleen! She sent me such a sweet card, just had to make something for her!
Hmmm, had no idea how to use this or what to do. I totally missed the boat because all of the posts on the Fresh Cut notes have now been archived, oh, what to do, what to do!! After taking a minute to think, here's what I came up with. I had to hurry up because I created this right before I ran out to catch the bus! I really loved the way it turned out. I guess I have to hurry up and stamp the rest of the notes in the pack before I forget what I did - haha!!
I used regal rose and close to cocoa ink pads and of course, the stamps that came from the Fresh Cuts stamp set. I didn't like the look of the card after I punched out the petals of the flower so I adhered a piece of chocolate chip cardstock on the inside in back of the cut out flower. I like the way the brown showed through.
Then I used my white gel pen to make little dots all around the petals, which added an extra touch to the flower. I stamped the little flower in close to cocoa, also from the Fresh Cuts stamp set, cut it out and placed it on top of the inner flower with a dimensional. Added a bling in the middle of the little flower to make it complete. Here's a close up of the finished flower.

Of course, I had to stamp the envelope too. I used the butterfly from the hostess level 3 set Time Well Spent...used my gold stickles to outline the butterfly and make the swirls.

On another note, I took Dad to his PCP for a follow up visit yesterday and will be taking Dad for a consult with the surgeon today to discuss the gall bladder surgery. When I stop to realize how much my parents mean to me, I would do anything for them just as they've done for me. My boss always tells me it's the unconditional love that means the most. With that said, make sure you hug the ones you love (hey, that's a Roxy line!) and make sure you tell them that you love them before it's too late. I always say, no regrets!! Mahalo for coming by to visit me...love you guys too!



8 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Just lovely Teri...I wish I was on Aloha time! Sigh!

Jackie said...

T-
Hope that things go well for your dad. Will be thinking about him and you all...

jackie

Little C's Creations said...

Hello Dahling,

Take care of daddy - you only have 1! Mines drive me nuts at times, but yep - I only have 1 too! So, gotta be there for them when you still can.

Your creation is lovely. Love the glittah on your swirly for the butterfly's flight path... too cute!!

hugs,
Jen

Risa said...

Your card is too cute and I love what you did to the envelope...very pretty Teri!

Gina Wrona said...

Aloha Teri,

Oh man, now I wish I would have gotten that special last month, darn!

Your card look fabulous dahling...

(hugs)
Gina

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Beautiful! Love these colours together and the way you layered all of the stamping. It's never too late for gorgeous inspiration, :0)

Rita said...

Hope things went well for your dad.

This card is so beautiful, I luv what you did with it!

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome for the card that I made for you. That is the least I can do to say "thanks" for your friendship and for all the great ideas that you have shared. Thanks again for making this awesome card for me. I love it. It's made in my favorite colors too.