Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Another cute box

Happy Wednesday! When we had lunch last week, I got this cute treat box from Cheryl. She created this after seeing all of those cute boxes created using the new SU Sizzix envelope die. The die Cheryl used is also a Sizzix die but an old one, probably not in circulation anymore. Just the perfect size for little treats. The tag is a spellbinders die and the stamps are both from Dandelion Designs. I just had to get that treat stamp, so that's why we ended up at J's! Thank you Cheryl for my treat box!! and for helping me spend my money! haha! JK!!
Funny because I started thinking that I must have this die somewhere in my stash and I was right!! I was super excited that I had it and that I could duplicate this treat box! Then I was thinking of alternatives, I think too much yeah? but anyway, I thought anyone could make a similar box without this die since you can't find it, except maybe on ebay? So, if you want to make one of these boxes, here's my take on how I made a box similar to the one I got from Cheryl.
I started with a piece of cardstock (used Pumpkin pie) 3" x 10 1/2" long. Score at 2 1/4", 4 1/2", 6 3/4" and 9". Turn the paper and score at 1 1/2". Cut as shown. This is kind of like that 2, 4, 6, 8 box...

Added adhesive on the end and attached the ends together.

Should look like this:


Then adhere the bottom flaps to close.

Then, I used my super jumbo (blue) marvy punch and punched out 4 black circles
Scored them in half

And attached them to the box! Added a strip of designer paper and that's it! Easy huh! Saved yourself some $ to buy a different die :)


Here's what my finished box looked like. I used this cute Halloween ribbon I got from Fay last year...Thanks Fay! Remember this?!


I just love this stamp "Treats Only Please"...is that cute, or what!? If you create one of these boxes, don't forget to post a link so I can see it!
Thanks for coming by today...I'm off to make a couple Hello Kitty backpacks for my co-worker's grand daughter!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Very ingenious - love the tag, stamp and design ... hmm, maybe for Christmas.

eunice said...

Thanks for the mini-tutorial, Teri! Jean makes the cutest little things, yeah. Where do you guys find all the time and energy to do all this stuff?!!! I'm so impressed!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Great tutorial! What a cute little treat to give! Joy's mini-stamp camps is going to be on Nov. 14th, wish me luck, lol.

Denise said...

Wow, Teri, great job. That box is cute! Love the stamp too.

Allison Rankin said...

Another box idea...great job Teri!

Cheryl said...

Hey, your take on it turned out great! I love it! I'll have to try your version too. TFS!

Joy said...

cute idea...how you can change and make it into your own...I don't know how to do that...if I try... it never turns out how I want it to...lol!

Giovana said...

Cute project!!!
God bless
Giovana

ivy said...

thanks for your sweet comments & adding me to your list!
great tutorial. will have to find time for this for the holidays!

Marie said...

Awesome tutorial! I will have to try this out for the holidays!

Fay said...

Great idea, Teri! I'll have to try your tutorial. Thanks for sharing!

Little C's Creations said...

What a cute treat! Great Tutorial Too!!!

Hugs,
Jen

Enjoli said...

OMG!! Super cute treat box. =) And great tutorial too! TFS!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Oh NO way! You are SO brilliant! I have all of this and I can make one. Thanks for the ingenious tutorial! :O)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

P.S. in my excitement I forgot to say how super cute that kitty and papers are. Adorable! :O)

Unknown said...

this is just too stinkin' cute.
lablady2007@juno.com

Corie said...

These are adorable!!!! -- thanks for the instructions!!

Colleen said...

Yes, I have been adding to my collection of Sizzix dies very fast. I just picked up this box die yesterday. I can't wait to use it using some of the ideas from the box that you made as well as the one that Cheryl made.

Risa said...

You are so great with these boxes Teri! I love this little box!!!!

Rita said...

Cute idea & thanks for sharing a great tutorial!