Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cute Santa Giftcard Holder

It's Monday already! I tell ya, the weekend is just too darn short! I think everything has caught up with me because I don't feel so great. I've been holding onto this headache since I got up. I know I need to get to bed early tonight!!
Well, too bad this idea surfaced too late for my giftcard holder class. I saw a similar version of this idea on Patty Bennett's blog called Patty's Stamping Spot. Patty's blog is so full of wonderful ideas, not to mention she shares pics of her beautiful roses! If you have some time to get some inspiration, visit her blog HERE. Anyway, I was thinking that it would be cool to make a gift card holder using my large circle scallop die and here is what I came up with:I cut one circle in Kiwi Kiss and a half circle in Riding Hood Red. I put one mini glue dot on each scallop on the RHR half circle and stuck it on the kiwi circle. This made the pocket. Add a jumbo eyelet on the top of the circle to string ribbon or cord through. I embellished this GCH with one of the images from that same sizzlet die set (reindeer, penguin, santa and snowman). This Santa is so cute and easy to assemble, not too many pieces. I adhered Santa on a large circle using my giga circle punch (purple one) and some paper from SU's last year's DSP collection called Dashing. I loved it so much, I bought alot! Anyway, I cut another circle with cardstock and adhered the two together to give it a little bit more stability. Santa was adhered to the circle using a foam strip. When I want it to stand out a bit more, I use the strip instead of the dimensionals. The words TO and FROM is from last year's level 2 set called Perfect Presentation (such a cute set!). Here's a close-up of the holder.
Hope you all recovered from Halloween and all of that candy. Nolan brought too much home so maybe I'll just have to bring some to the office (wink!). See you tomorrow with LCWC #16!
BIG hugs!
Teri

14 comments:

Rina said...

awww...thanks a bunch Teri for your words of encouragement. I've been having so much fun creating and have learned so much from all you gifted ladies in blogworld. Jen has been a huge blessing to me, keeping me going and basically running right beside me (poor thing-hee,hee). But it's been great. Thanks again! By the way, I love your tag(s). Your work inspires me. Thanks for the blessing!

God Bless~ Rina

Colleen said...

Happy Monday! I hope that you had a good day at work today and that your headache is gone. Try to get some rest this week.

I saw this idea on Patty's blog too. Your version of what she made is very cute.

Take care!

Risa said...

Awwwwwww....your tag is so darn cute Teri! Great job and I hope you are feeling better soon. I think some type of bug is going around...I feel awful also.
Take care and thanks for sharing the link:)

Unknown said...

Your version is even cuter - especially with the to/from tag. Hope you feel better throughout the day!

Allison Rankin said...

Another cute idea for a gift card (which I need lots of for all of my out of town relations)!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Think I am going to have to case this for Christmas. What a cute idea! TFS!

Joy said...

cute tag...I was thinking of making something like that. I saw someone make a tag too...but I can't remember who =) I need to get a move on it! TFS!

Jamee said...

cute santa! i cant wait for christmas!

eunice said...

Another great idea, Teri! Oh, and I am definitely gonna have to go look for this sizzlits die set. So funny, me with my cricut and the endless number of xmas designs on them, and yet I continue to come back to my sizzix! (drives dh crazy!)

JenMarie said...

OH how CUTE!!

Dawne said...

WOW Teri!! Very creative and nicely done! Great job =) Thank you for participating in my CANDY Blog!! Your # is 0034.

Gina Wrona said...

very cute, indeed!

YOU ROCK SISTAH!

Rita said...

Fabulous idea & I luv your color choice for this one! Thanks for sharing!

Fay said...

Ooooh, this is too cute! Santa works really well with the gift card holder. Now I will have to get this Sizzlet set, too!