Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Monday, November 10, 2008

Giftcard holder projects

What a fun time we had in my two classes to create a bunch of gift card holders and treat boxes! Each year, it gets challenging for me to hunt down cool ideas for gift card holders and treat boxes. I've taken ideas and put a twist of my own on these projects. I will link you up to where I got the original ideas from. Thank you to all of the talented ladies who inspire me.

This idea came from Splitcoast Stampers by poster jules7194. Here's the link to the instructions - GC HOLDER

Here's the inside:



I tried to close it with a ribbon, but it didn't look right to me, so I decided to use this clip since office supplies are pretty big in the crafting world right now. Got these clips from Fisher for only 28 cents each! The assortment of clips offered by SU will work great too!

supplies i used:
cardstock - kiwi kiss riding hood red
dsp - kiwi kiss patterns designer series
stamps - 2 cool dudes, best yet (level 2 hostess)
ink - kiwi kiss, very vanilla craft
accessories: mega scallop circle, super jumbo circle, pumpkin pie stampin' write marker, clip, 1 1/4" circle punch
This next project is one that I adopted the idea from Angie Juda of Chic 'n Scratch...love the videos and awesome projects! You can check out her fabulous blog right HERE! This kit kat tutorial inspired me after I watched Angie's video. I thought it would make a great gift card holder. Now after the class, I heard people say that it could also be made flat (the holder) because the one we made has a gusset. It is not made to stand up on it's own (I don't think it could anyway). But the idea was cute. So now, we have two versions as to make this cute holder. Watch the video tutorial here by Angie.

Here's the GC holder open...

supplies i used:
cardstock - chocolate chip
dsp - riding hood red patterns designer series
stamps - deer friends (level 2 hostess)
ink - riding hood red
accessories - scallop circle punch (SU), 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, word window punch, ribbon (non-SU ribbon I bought at Craft Supply of Honolulu), velcro circles (i bought them at Fisher)

Here's a look at more samples. I used the new dsp that is offered in the Holiday Mini Catalog - Ski Slope and Frosty Day. I wanted the girls to see what they looked like as each kit had different dsp inside.

Thanks for dropping in today. I will be posting more projects from the class tomorrow!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Teri, for sharing the GC's - can't wait to get my kit in the mail. BTW - are you looking forward to the weekend? It's only Monday and thank goodness tomorrow is a holiday.

Rina said...

I love, love, love this project. These are sooooo my colors, earth tones and all.

BTW, thanks for stopping by and signing my "Guestbook". Your picture is so gorgeous!

Have a blessed evening Teri!

WhimsicalThoughts said...

Very cute!

Little C's Creations said...

Oh wowzer girl... these are all great!! I wonder if I can do the same thing on the Cricut for the 2nd GC holders. Thanks for the ideas!!!

Smooches,
Jen

Enjoli said...

OMG! These are all great gift card holders!! Super cute projects.. TFS! =)

Colleen said...

Very cool gift card holders. I can't wait to recieve my kit and put them together so that I can show them off. I have told many of my friends that I have a good friend in Hawaii that makes very creative and cute stuffs. :)

I hope sure that all the ladies that attended your classes had an awesome time.

Risa said...

Your gift card holders are super cute Teri! Thanks for sharing the link, I'm on my way to watch the video right now:)

Catherine said...

Teri, these are great :)