Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

LCWC #19

Today is Tuesday and time for LCWC #19! I'm back after a much needed rest from just everything!! Thank you so much for all of your kind comments in the past week while I was resting to get rid of my cold! Well, here is the sketch for this week's challenge. I'm so honored to be asked to select a sketch and I actually had a hard time finding one that was easy enough for me to ease me back into the creating mode. I found this simple but fun sketch from Card Positioning Systems and you can find more awesome sketches on their site HERE
I wanted to use this cute whipper snapper image called Warm Penguin so had to flip the sketch to it's side to create my card this week.
Supplies I used: Blue for the base of the card is by Bazzill. Other CS used - brilliant blue, tempting turquoise, kiwi kiss.
Image: Whipper Snapper - Warm Penguin, The Cat's Pajamas - Baby It's Cold Outside
All coloring done using copic pens
Accessories: Marvy snowflake punch, stickles, rhinestones
Take the challenge! Create your card using this simple sketch, upload and post on Little C's blog...you could be the winner of an awesome prize!
Be sure to check out what the design divas created this week!! I'll be back soon to post that tutorial for the origami fold card I made a week ago. You'll be surprised to see how easy it is!! Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see that you're feeling better and up to crafting and blogging. Gotta take care for this weekend.

Unknown said...

Glad to see that you're feeling better and up to crafting and blogging. Gotta take care for this weekend.

Denise said...

Glad to have you back. Happy to hear you ae feeling better. You derserved a break.
Hugs~

Risa said...

I am so glad to hear that you were able to rest up a bit and that you are feeling better Teri!
Thanks for the inspirational sketch, I love it and your card is adorable. I love your super cute image (your coloring rocks!) and the sentiment say it all!!

Gina Wrona said...

Aloha!

Boy, you sure could say that again! It's only supposed to get up to freezing today 32 degrees. burrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mahalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mahalo for the special treat I came home to! I was so excited to open it and have it all to myself!
You're the Best!

Ellie said...

OH how sweet is that cutie.. Yes I can soo relate to the BRRR today is actually not that cold which I was shocked about! lol.. but they said don't get too use it the cold is coming back in the weekend!

-Ellie

Catherine said...

very cute :) need to check them out.

Enjoli said...

Hi Teri! I'm happy you're feeling better. I hope you get the little goodies I sent you ok. I had to take out the stuff that was in the bag. I hope it didn't get smashed. What a cutie penguin! I love those Whipper Snapper stamps. And a great sketch too. =)

Maria said...

Hey Teri! I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well!! I hope you feel better soon. . .especially, before Thanksgiving rolls in. . .it's not fun to be sick and don't have an appetite especially with all the yummy Thankgiving food.

Lovin' you cute card!! That WS image is so darn adorable. Fabulous job on this week's challenge!!

Maria

Colleen said...

Teri,

I am glad that you are feeling as good as new again. No more late nights of stamping and preparing for your classes. :)

The pengruin on the card that you made is so cute. The color combo that you used in pretty cool too.

Unknown said...

Love this one Teri! Ohhh...have to give this challenge a try. Take care!

joni h said...

Sure did miss you! Glad that you're feeling better. Very cute card.
Love the punch, where'd you get it?

Rina said...

Teri,

First of all, I am so happy that you are up to par. Praise God you feel better and back to creating. I love this new card. This image is so adorable and it brings the chilliness to Hawaii. Love the color combo.

Secondly (don't fall down) but...you have some Awards (yes some, not one, but some) waitin' for you at my blog. As I said to Jen, I know you've had many (I'm sure), but... I could not exclude you from this group. This group is a bunch of special ladies. And yes, you are one of them!

Jean said...

Stickles! I must get me some!!

Little C's Creations said...

Very cute dahling!! You did a super cute job on this sketch. Love all of them glitz!!!

Hugs,
Jen

Rita said...

So glad that your feeling better & this card is so adorable & so fitting for the cold weather we are having right now! Hugs to you my friend!