Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Thursday, November 13, 2008

More projects to share!

Happy Aloha Friday!! Here are two more projects that we did at the gift card holder class. We did treat bags as well. I just love this one sheet box! You can find a wonderful tutorial by Beate Johns on splitcoast stampers HERE

We roller wheeled the snowflake design color on color, folded the box and added the sizzix scallop circle over the opening on top. I just love the curly punch bundle. It comes with four stamps and the curly punch. This box is perfect for small holiday treats!
Here's a project dug out of the archives. I remember making a bunch of these cute reindeer food packets to sell at a craft fair ages ago. I guess this is the new spin off on this cute reindeer food package.


I added the chunky glitter to oatmeal. There is a cute poem in the back of the header. If you are giving this to someone with small children, make sure you add a label somewhere that says DO NOT EAT! The glitter might not digest well and we don't want any sick children! I remember giving a pack of treats to my niece Jen (she is now almost 16) when she was really young. She insisted that her dad (my BIL) take out the ladder and climb on the roof to sprinkle these oats for the reindeer. He told her he would do it later but she insisted that he do it NOW so she could watch. Needless to say, my BIL did it but made sure he shared his story with me...we can laugh about it today :)
I'll be sharing the last project tomorrow...Don't forget, if you are interested in getting the supply listing and measurements for these projects, just send me an email.
Thanks for popping by today. The weekend is here! Hope you have some stamping on your "to do" list this weekend!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the curly label stamp you used and the deep red of the cardstock. Can't wait until I get the kit! Next year I guess I gotta take a second look at all of the Christmas stamps and order more!

Unknown said...

P.S. I've seen the reindeer food packaged elsewhere on the blog and they used foor sprinkles (red) so it is digestable.

Rina said...

I love the deep red with the brown, too. It kinda has a velvet look to it. Very beautiful. The box has an elegant touch.

First time I've seen the Reindeer food. What a cute project.

eunice said...

Wow Teri, the gift bag looks so elegant...love the deep red and rich brown colors together. So pretty! And thanks for sharing the cute story...so funny the things we as parents will do to keep our kids "believing"!

Jami said...

These are both such cute projects! Those treat bags are so elegant - love the colors!!
hugs, Jami

Jean said...

Hi Teri,

LOVE the red and brown together...it looks so elegant!!!! We had a good laugh over the reindeer story!!! ha! ha!!

Joy said...

I'm so glad we got together to make this one sheet box! I love it too...it's so easy to make and it turns out so great as a gift! so what did you use for paper on the bag? I love how deep red it is. you used real red cardstock? I'm so glad it's Friday. hope you got my order for that holiday set. thanks so much! You inspire me daily!

Jodi said...

Cute bag and cute story about your niece and the reindeer!! =)

Rita said...

Cute bag & idea!

Sheree said...

The red bag is so cute....and the reindeer food--i don't remember that story about Jen...so cute...it's so "her". Thanks for sharing.... :) Also, thanks for the envelope today....my friend thanks you!

Allison Rankin said...

Great treat bag...love the colors!

Elaine said...

This is really rich looking and so cute with the die cuts!

Benson and Colleen said...

Of course another cute project from your class. You never cease to amave me.

Gina Wrona said...

Aloha,

I just love all these bags you've decorated & designed. Beautiful girl!

Hugs,
Gina