Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mr. Snoman and rub on snowflakes

Mr. Snowman is the last of the four sizzlet dies that come in that christmas set. I can't decide which one I like the best! Anyway, I decided to put Mr. Snowman on a Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino bottle since I have quite a collection of bottles (wonder how?). Anyway, to dress up the bottle, I used rub-ons by SU called Word Flurries. Love the snowflakes! These rub-ons are easy to apply. Remember to cut them out from the sheet before you apply with the stick (included in the pack) so you won't get any unwanted rub-ons your project! Here's a closer look at the rub-ons and Mr. Snowman. I used a skinny strip of Kiwi Kiss CS to cover the top of the bottle and then wrapped gold cord on the bottom of it so the CS won't come off. Sometimes even when you put real good adhesive on it, it somehow works its way out and unfolds.I love the new striped 1 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, don't you? Be on the look out for a new SU promotion for rub-ons coming on November 10th.

Can you see Mochiko hiding in my packing paper? I got a couple of boxes in today and she just loved camping out in the paper. My folks got a kick out of her sitting there for a couple of hours. She must've thought she was playing hide and seek and no one came to find her! haha! My funny kitty.
Thanks for visiting me today. I will be sharing some awesome raks that I received soon and possibly a sneak peek of the gift card holders!
*teri*

18 comments:

Rina said...

Ohhhhh...I love your starbucks dress up. I've always wanted to create, using these bottles but never got around to it. Thanks for the inspiration Teri. I love it!

Rina

tyrymom29 said...

I love this !!!!! SO cute!!

Denise said...

Very nice, love the way you used the rub ons. Mochiko is so funny, I just love that pic of her hiding.

Unknown said...

Gosh, the rubons almost look three dimensional - good job! Can't wait to see what's coming tomorrow.

Jean said...

That snowman is so cute, Teri!! ha! ha! I don't know who's having more fun...you or Mochiko!!

Cheryl said...

Cute snowman! I almost used it to make my card yesterday but ended up stamping a Hero snowman. Crazy cat!

Joy said...

I love snowmen...I went to J's and he was all out =( I have 2 on hold for the next shipment when it comes in...I love all those dies! great job on a cute gift!!! TFS!

Rita said...

So darn cute Teri! I luv how you used the rub ons on the bottle & that snowman is adorable!

Islander Girl said...

What a clever idea!!! Too cute!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Hey Teri, love your idea! I have a ton of these bottles too and have no idea what to do with them. TFS!

KeeponScrappin said...

Super cute idea. I just loooooove Starbucks.

Sheree said...

Love the way you decorated that bottle. See, there was a reason why they were saved! Good 'ole Mochiko. She's so funny. And....thx for the cd of pics. gotta download them now.

Catherine said...

way too cute and that snowman...adorable :)

Jodi said...

Hi Teri, Mochiko is so cute here! =) Have a great weekend!! =)

Colleen said...

You are hooked to the Sizzix dies just like me. Unfortunately I have not time to use any of them yet.

Mr. Snowman looks very cute on the bottle and as always Mochiko is such a ham.

ivy said...

TFS! i also have a collection of these bottles saved up. did you paint the lid? sanded first? very cute! love snowmen!

Enjoli said...

OMG! Love what you did with those rub-ons! =) Sooooo cute! And your kitty is too cute.

Risa said...

Wow...those rub-ons are so pretty Teri and I love your adorable snowman! Great job!!!