Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Would you like fries with that penguin?

ETA: So sorry if you get this posting twice. Right after I clicked on the "post" button...I get an instant comment. Some wierd post about communist china - blah, blah, blah...don't know where that came from! Sorry Charlotte, I had to re-post and delete that post because I couldn't figure out how to delete that comment like I usually do (and I only deleted once because it was a duplicate comment)... so if you want to post again, feel free :) Thanks for your understanding friends!

Huh? Haha! I think the lack of sleep has made me a little wacky! I'm glad we are heading into a new week because this past week was a really junky week for me filled with too much stress, stress and did I say STRESS????

Hope you all had a fun Halloween! We spent the evening at my sister's house but as the kids get older, they want to do their own thing. Nolan went to a friend's house to go trick or treating in a different neighborhood (you should see all the candies he collected!) and Jen spent the night with her friends so it was just the adults (Ally is already an adult!) eating pizza and watching TV. The only sign of Halloween was the sound of the cute costumed kids saying "trick or treat" at the front door :)

I had wanted to share this cute project with you on Friday but came home almost midnight after dropping off the folks and retrieiving Nolan...
I finally got to use my french fry box XL die!! I just love this die, perfect to put small treats in! I tried to cut two boxes at once and the pressure of the two sheets of cardstock actually cut some of the folds and I ruined one of the boxes! I was bummed, so now I know, cut out one box at a time.
Here's a side view...
Here's a close-up of this cute penguin...
Don't you just love this penguin? He is part of the 4 sizzlet die set (remember the reindeer I did on the pillow box). Dressed up this box with a red jingle bell and silver cording and put the penguin on scallop circle (Marvy mega scallop circle punch) using some DSP from SU.
Time to go to sleep...I'll be posting a wedding card tomorrow!
Hugs!
Teri

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Teri, for sharing another cute treat holder - your design is this box is just perfect - from the choice of cardstock, bow and the cute jingle bell - gotta try this!

Denise said...

Very cute treat box, I think I need to get that die for the frie box.

Denise said...

FRY box !!

Christina said...

da da da da da...I'm lovin' it! ;) I'm lovin' all your 3-D projects, Teri! Thanks for sharing!

Colleen said...

Thanks for sharing another one of your cute ideas. You never run out of ideas even when you have so much to do on your plate.

Hope that you will have a less stressful week this week.

Risa said...

Your french fry box is adorable Teri! You are truly a pro with these die cuts and every project is a joy to look at!

Joy said...

where have I been? so busy this weekend...stayed at the soccer park from 8:00 am all the way till 6:30 pm...watched 3 games played in one...I played the first one at 9 am! oh man...didn't have time to create...post...*sigh* I'll jump back on board tonight =) thanks for sharing such great ideas!

eunice said...

wow, you have been busy, Teri! Cute, cute french fry box. What a great idea to add the little bell! I am falling in love with this Christmas sizzlits set you've been using...

Rita said...

Adorable!!!