Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Top Note Die class - the cards

February's class was this past weekend and I'm liking the back to back classes. That way, my supplies are put back where they belong and I can move on to working on the new projects! This month, the class featured the Top Note Sizzix Die. Here are the cards that we made. This card swings to open (two pieces) and is held together with a rhinestone brad. I had bought so many of the Pretties kits for last year's wedding card class and never used any of the other pretties in the kit! I love this rhinestone brad as it added just the right among of "bling!". Here's how the card opens up.
Here's another card using more of the pieces from the Pretties kit. I love the pearl and the crystal. We strung 2 pearls and one crystal on silver cording, tied it up in a bow. Do you think this is a funky color combo?
Here's a close up of the pretties. You can get this stamp for FREE! This stamp belongs to a set from the SAB (sale-a-bration) catalog. Purchase $50 and get a free SAB item free!
I love this stamp from the set called All Holidays. I believe that this set replaced those All Year Cheer sets. This is one of my favorite stamps from that set. This card was also lined with very vanilla and that was so it could hide the edges of the pretty satin ribbon. We also used the flower from the Embrace Life set and added a touch of color by sponging on old olive and dazzling diamonds.
Here's a close up of the flowers.
When I saw this CD envelope shaker card created by Maria Bell, I just knew that I had to make one. I liked it so much, I decided to do it for one of my classes. I know that this card did not use the Top Note Die, but I just had to make one and share this idea with my ladies. If you would like to make one, check out Maria's video tutorial HERE. Thanks Maria for the inspiration and for the video tutorial!! BTW, these CD envelopes are priced so reasonable. Here in Hawaii, I got mine at Fisher Hawaii for only 13 cents each.
The inside of this shaker was filled with hearts from the SU heart to heart punch using pink pirouette cardstock and chunky glitter.
Thanks for making my day by stopping by for a peek! I'll be posting the mini scrapbook that we made using the Top Note die!

17 comments:

PENNYLYN said...

Awwww!! Wish i was there for your class Teri! I was just busy on the wrong weekend. Maybe next class! I love the shaker card along with the top note die cut cards...cute!

~amy~ said...

Whatta FABulous class!!! Lovely projects!

Joy said...

so cute those top note die cards came out! love the "big" shaker too! awe...it's so sweet! thanks for walking with me to fishers yesterday. I was so tired after work I didn't have time to play, but I will be playing with the cricut tonight for sure!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Super cute Teri! Love all of these! Especially the cute little shaker card. You are so creative!

hugs,
Michelle

Islander Girl said...

Wow! Everything turned out so pretty!!! Love how simple yet elegant your cards are! And the CD card is just too cute!!!

Tracy.H said...

So cute! Love the first one. I don't have this die, but just discovered that I have a Cricut cartridge with the same shape. I might have to try one of your cards with the brad. Thanks for the awesome idea! :0)

joni h said...

Very nice! Bummers to have missed this class.

Maria said...

Hey Teri!! Wow, all your projects are fabulous. YOur classes must be fun .. .love the swing card. Such a cool idea. . .I have to try this one out.

Your second card is so pretty too . ..love the color combo.

you did a fabulous job on your CD envelope shaker card. Was it easy? Love how you have the scallop in the center and how you mixed the hearts and beads!! Awesome job!!

maria

Rita said...

These are all so beautiful Teri! Lucky girls to live close enough to take your classes!

Risa said...

All of your class projects are gorgeous Teri! I love them all but the first and last are my favorites. It seems like you girls in Hawaii have all the fun!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Unknown said...

totally love the monkey!!!! =)

Linda said...

Hey girl ~ of all the cards we made, I really love the shaker card the best! Thanks to Maria for sharing her idea - we all benefitted from it! AND, thanks for remembering my birthday, for all the goodies, and most of all, thanks for your friendship!

Colleen said...

What cute cards. I especially like the one with the sock monkey on it.

ivy said...

drooling over the top note stuff! cute sock monkey card!
what a great idea with the cd holder sleeve! gotta try that one for sure!

Rina said...

Great, great projects Teri. I adore the CD envie shaker. I must say, Maria does some nice work too.

Corie said...

Great projects!!

Maureen said...

All awesome cards!!