Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Friday, February 20, 2009

Scrapbook for Preston

I was asked by a friend to make a scrapbook for her baby who's celebrating his first birthday. I had the photos for a couple of weeks before I even began to work on this project! For some reason, I have to "digest" the photos and the whole concept of the theme before I can actually get a move on. Sounds strange eh? Well, the theme for this birthday is Elmo and Sesame Street so I immediately thought of using the cricut and the SS cartridge. I borrowed this from my GF Cece since Nolan is a teenager now, I didn't want to buy this cartridge, couldn't think of anything to make! I have to send out a huge THANK YOU to my GF Joy who helped me cut out and assemble all of these SS characters. THANK YOU JOY!! What a lifesaver!!
The book turned out having 15 pages, so I'll be posting a bunch at a time. Here's a pic of what my table looked like with all of the photos and supplies. What next?Once I started creating, the ideas started to flow and here are the first 4 pages! My favorite QK die, Frankie lower...the stars are SU punches and the stickers are by Bazzill.
I'm finally using those large scalloped edge papers by Bazzill - can we say collection?? To represent each month, I typed the month and then punched it out using the SU 1 3/4" circle punch and the super jumbo marvy circle punch. Also, for each journaling entry (I made my friend journal on each photo, then I typed them up) I added a star next to it.
Love this Elmo cricut cutout!
The pages get cuter as we move along here...
BTW, Happy Friday! My foot is feeling better today, but I noticed that my toe area is kinda purple in color, strange. I'll be posting more pages tomorrow. Big day for the SU demos tomorrow...we have Regional at the Hawaii Convention Center! Looking forward to a day of stamping, creating and fellowship with my SU friends!! Hope I have time to make a few swaps. I'll be posting pics of my gifts to my DL soon. Thank you for looking in today!

21 comments:

Michelle Alejandro said...

Teri you are amazing! These are so cute. You are so thoughtful and sweet to make this for your friend. So wonderful!

Hugs,
Michelle

Colleen said...

What cute pages. I love them. Maybe you can help me do some pages when I come visit of Zachy and Kylie. :)

I am glad that your foot is better. Have great time stamping tomorrow.

Islander Girl said...

Awww, this is so cute!!! Great job on the LOs! I have such a hard time putting more than one pic on my LOs! This turned out beautiful!

Unknown said...

Super cute! You did a great job :)

Rita said...

Great job Teri! I luv your layouts!

Doramiyi said...

Cute baby and cute scrapbook to go with it. I have a friend that just picked up the sesame street cartridge. I'm thinking I should go over to her place to make me some elmo's. Thanks for sharing.

doramiyi
doramiyi@gmail.com
-CANADA-

Jamee said...

so cute! i like the pages with elmo! my cousin loves elmo and her baby's album my mom is making is all sesame street themed.

Denise said...

So cute!! I just making a 8x8 baby girl album for a shower gift, now to make a 12x12 Sesame St. theme one for my nephew!! Love the way you did this one. I need to get that Cricut cartridge, so cute.

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

wow Teri-beeutiful..love those SS images...i love the LO TFS..glad your foot is healing and have a great time at Regionals

Pineapple Cove said...

Awwww..these are so adorable! Love the color combo's you used and the continuous theme of the stars throughout the pages. What a lucky friend!

ManLe

joni h said...

super cute, teri! try putting Phiten tape on your toe area & leave it on for a couple of days, you'll be amazed at how well it helps with the blood circulation.
look for me at SU! regional!

Maria said...

Wow, Teri!! 15 pages. . .i can barely make one!! LOL! Looks like you've been slaving away making such wonderful layouts for your friend. She will surely be happy because your layouts are FABULOUS! Awwww, her baby is so cute!!

When it comes to layouts. . .I don't even know where to start. . .I just sort of put stuff on the page! LOL! Too much thinking makes my head hurt. . .I guess that's why I avoid making LOs. It takes a lot out of me! LOL!!

Sorry to hear about your foot! Ouch! I hope it gets better soon! Take care!!

Maria

StampinCathy said...

OMGosh these pages are just fabulous. Your friend will cherish this forever. You are one creative and inspiring stamper.

Linda said...

You did an unreal job, Teri! Super, super cute! Makes me wanna do some pages of my own ... nah, better stick w/cards. Hee hee! Have fun at regionals and glad your foot is on the mend. Take care.

WhimsicalThoughts said...

OMG, the pages are super cute

Enjoli said...

Great job on this scrapbook! =) Super cute!

Unknown said...

You really do work well under pressure, don't you, Teri. Your friend will certainly appreciate all the work you did in putting this together.

Corie said...

WOW great pages, love them all!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hi Teri, Your layouts are just fabulous and just adore Elmo. The photo's are just too cute, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Joy said...

awe...those pages came out really cute! I will have to keep that in mind...so you can do for me too! hahaha! I'm glad you could use those cutouts of SS! I had a okay time making them...but they did come out so cute! I used the cricut to cut out letters for Tae's book report...it helped! thanks for letting me borrow it and let me know when you want it back!

Risa said...

Hey Teri,
Your girlfriend is gonna love you for making such a cute and precious album for her baby! The pages are adorable and well made. Super great job Teri and TFS!!!
hugs
Risa:)