Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Friday, February 13, 2009

Top Note Class - The Mini Scrapbook

Here's the final project we made at my top note sizzix die class last weekend. I based the stamping around this cute set called Cheep Talk. Cute name yeah? I love everything about this stamp set and it really made a cute mini book!
Here's the front cover. We used the huffing effect for the branch and leaves. Kiwi kiss leaves and chocolate chip marker for the branch. Page one...I used some SU DSP and chocolate chip cs to frame it. Also used the new heart to heart punch. We added stitch lines using the white gel pen.
Page two...marvy scallop square and the mini brads in the center of the flower.
Page three...pears, leaves and hearts (close to cocoa, certainly celery and real red)...randomly stamped on this little page. I used the tab punch (old olive) and three mini brads to hold it on the page.
Page four...simple page. I wanted to keep in mind that we want to put small photos in this mini book!
Page five... the background stamping is from a set called Polka Dot Punches. I stamped that randomly in Night of Navy. The cute dot is from a level 1 hostess set called Darling Dots. So cute and simple.
That's it! We punched a hole through all pages using our wonderful crop-a-dile tool. Punched the hole so easy! The book is held together using a mini binder ring. Got these mini rings for only twelve cents each at Fisher Hawaii. The story behind those rings is that Joy and I spent some time opening each one making sure that they would open. I gave up after a few cuz my fingers hurt! Joy was my hero cuz she opened up the rest. Thanks Joy!! My lifesaver!
Thanks for checking out my mini book today, these make great little gifts and you can definately add on more pages!!

13 comments:

Islander Girl said...

What a great idea!! I just love the Cheep Talk set. I have yet to do a SU! order! I've been ordering everywhere else the one place I've forgotten to order is the company I work for! Not good! LOL! Thanks for the inspiration! I wanna make something but I'm too tired right now...and I still need to place an order...LOL!

Always love visiting your blog!!!

Rina said...

What a great lil' idea and gotta love that stamp set. Your page layouts are so cute too.

Elaine said...

This is a super cute idea!! The stamped accents sure make it fun!

~amy~ said...

Sue-pah cute!!!

Tracy.H said...

Great project! :0)

Rita said...

So beautiful & a grat project! I luv how you designed each page, you did an awesome job on this one Teri as always!

Doramiyi said...

Oh awesome job on this. Now I want a set up 'Cheep Talk'. Do you know who makes it or where I can get it? Thanks so much. And thanks for all the inspiration.

doramiyi
doramiyi@gmail.com
-CANADA-

joni h said...

Really cute, Teri! Now I'm even sadder that I missed the class. sniff...

Risa said...

Wow....I love your mini scrapbook Teri! Each is every page is embellished beautifully and I just love the cover. Thanks for sharing your awesome projects with us!
hugs
Risa:)

Unknown said...

Cute project, Teri, and love that bird set. I know what you mean about those rings - quite inexpensive but sometimes hard to open.

Corie said...

What a great idea -- such a cutie pie project

ivy said...

still wish i could've attended this class! a mainland girl could definitely dream though right?!
gotta get my hands on this die soon.

Maureen said...

Adorable! What a cute set and project!!