Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Double Shaker box

Here's what we made at Saturday's class. The double shaker box! We started this project from scratch, meaning that I pre-cut very little for the ladies that attended today. I did this on purpose, so they would know exactly what to do after they leave the class! Here's the finished shaker: I ran out of easels to prop the double shaker up, so I decided to make my own. I used the light weight cardboard that comes with the DSP packs. Cut 2 strips at 2 1/2" X 6". Score one piece in half and the other piece, score 1 3/4" and 3 1/2". Attach each piece to resemble the stand below here. It worked! I was so pleased with making this home-made easel.
Such a long day today, I almost felt like I had a mild case of vertigo. After dinner, I felt a little a little tired and dizzy. Nothing that a power nap couldn't fix! Actually, I only got to lie down for 10 minutes tops. So I will be going to sleep real soon!
Here's a close up shot of the cute Flutter Anya. Got this super cute stamp from Joy! So cute and easy t color!!
Thanks for visiting today! Come back again!

21 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous Shaker box Card Teri, love the cute image and all the pretty papers and detail. Hugs Nikki x

Saskia said...

Lovely, lovely shaker box card!!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia

Tracy.H said...

Very cute!! :0)

Rita said...

Such a sweet shaker card! Your the queen of the double shaker cards girl!!! I luv them, I need to try to make one of these after the wedding!

Unknown said...

Great job, Teri, on the double shaker card - love the embellishments you used.

Unknown said...

I so love this project! It's sooo cute :) TFS!

Linda said...

Awesome, Teri! Sorry I missed the class - I was so bummed when I realized I had a conflict! I'm also sorry you're missing Mamma Mia today - it was a super show last night! xoxo, Linda

Cheryl said...

This turned out so cute!!! Now I know what paper you were talking about. I love that idea for the stand for the frame. See you this week and bring this.

Elaine said...

That is soooo pretty!! Great job Teri! :) Your nail polish even matches the card! lol

Kyoko said...

Hi Teri! I love your double shaker Flutter Anya card. You guys must have had lots of FUN making it. Take Care!

Michelle Alejandro said...

So cute, wish I could have been there! Thank you so much for Amara's Hello Kitty, she loves it! I wish you could have come, but I knew that you had your class. Thank you for always thinking of her, you are the sweetest! TTYL!
~Michelle

Jenny said...

I know you heard this before but this is soooo cute! I'll have to rely on your tutorial to help me make this card. I'm glad you posteed this card! Thanks again.

~amy~ said...

a-dorable!!!

Risa said...

Teri, your card is gorgeous! I love these dbl. shaker cards! I'm seriously going to try to make one this week for ISS Blog Hop! Keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck!
hugs
Risa:)

WhimsicalThoughts said...

Aww so cute!

Denise said...

Such a cute double shaker card! Wish I could of attented your class. I will be there for next months. Have a nice week.

Jodi said...

Teri, this turned out so cute! Hope we can meet up to stamp soon!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Joy said...

awe...those shakers came out so cute! I wish I could have made it but I know you know that we were there in spirit =) I love that stamp too! she is so darling! love how you colored her! I like the flower in the hair too! great idea! now lets see how many people will repeat this great double shaker! thanks for mine! have a good week! TTYL!

Cami said...

I just LOVE this double shaker card, Teri! Great job and neat photo stand you made! Ingenious...as ever! The gals surely had a great time learning to make this neat card. I'm drooling! Hugs, Cami

Islander Girl said...

I just love Flutter Anya! This shaker card is too cute!!! Love everything about this!

Aloha!

I should be mailing your images this week! Sorry it took me soo long!

Enjoli said...

Super cute shaker!! =) I love the color combo. I wish I couldve been at your class!

Hugs,
Enjoli