Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Monday, September 28, 2009

Pillow Box Treat

Happy Monday! Another busy weekend! So what else is new huh! Seems like every weekend is a busy one for me.
While visiting some blogs, I came across this fabulous idea to make a cute treat holder using the pillow box die! I'm sorry I forgot where I saw it, but if you were the person who posted this, please email me and let me know so I can give you proper credit! The SU pillow box die is quite small, but perfect for small treats. My poor die has been sitting on the shelf taking a back seat to all the new dies that have been getting most of my attention so I was thrilled to find another use for this pillow box die. Here's what I made...I used adhesive to seal the seam of the box. Then I cut a small piece of DSP from the Cast-a-Spell pack #115677) around the middle section as shown. I didn't have any real sweet treats so these cute pens will have to do for this sample. I tied some 1 1/4" old olive striped grosgrain ribbon around the pens and used this sentiment from the Grateful Greetings set. I think it would be really fun to use some pixie sticks or a skinny candy bar for the treat. I guess I'll be looking for some fun treats so I can make more of these pillow box treats. Here's a closer look of the image and of the pillow box itself. Can you see it?? I took away the treats so you can see the box). I accented the ghost using my bashful blue marker and then I used my markers and blender pen to color the background. This ghost image came from the background stamp called All Hallow's Eve (#113264) and I inked up only the ghost. I punched this ghost image out using my curly label punch.
I hope your Monday is a good one! Hopefully, I'll be able to post more fun projects this week. Still working on my kits for this weekend's classes! Thanks for stopping by today!

11 comments:

Risa said...

Your pillow box treat container is super cute! I love your decorations, especially the ghost!
hugs
risa:)

joni h said...

very cute! love the idea! TFS!

Unknown said...

I'm amazed that you always find time to post and come up with super cute ideas. TFS.

Unknown said...

Hi Teri! Super cute project! TFS. Have an excellent week :D

kris said...

TFS! that's a cute way to use the die! i like the ghost image! have a great day Teri!

Cyndi said...

cute project and great way to use the die!

Joy said...

such a cute pillow box and getting ready for halloween! love that image you stampee! it's really nice! I am trying to make Taelyn's goodies for school...but my ideas are not turning out how I planned...I guess I need time to sit down and just craft! my weeks are rolling into months and I am missing friends birthdays and stuff! I'm so lost! no time to myself! hope your mom told you I stopped by. I forgot to call you but I figure I could just drop it off. if you still need help with the poster...let me know when you want to do it...hope you have a good Monday!

Fay said...

Cute idea! Great job on the coloring!!

Enjoli said...

Hi Teri,
Super cute and creative project! =) Love all of your Halloween projects. I'm so behind on them. You are such an inspiration. Can't wait to see you!

Hugs,
Enjoli

Rita said...

Too cute & an awesome idea!

Cami said...

Teri, you really know how to dress up anything you make. Great ideas and this little pillow box is no exception. Love all of your ideas. Time is flying by too fast and I need to start on Halloween treat bags so this may do the job! TFS always. Cami