Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sweet Treat Shaker

At first when I saw this background stamp called All Hallow's Eve, I wasn't interested in getting it until I saw what you could do with it! I selected the image from the BG that I wanted to feature in my card and inked up only that area. For today's card, I decided to use the skull. I saw the skull featured in the catalog where they used the rhinestone brads for his eyes, I kind of wanted to try that out. I punched out the circle on my card with the 1 3/4" circle punch which was the perfect size to insert my sweet treat cup through. These sweet treat cups are 12 for only $2.95. There are many other uses for these cups other than what I did here. I will try to create more samples to show you. Here's a side view of the cup. I decided to fill it with some seed beads to make it a shaker. You can see the skull as the background.
Here's what the inside looks like. I used a piece of DSP from the Night and Day Specialty pack. This piece covers the hole that I punched out and where I inserted the sweet treat cup. The image inside the card came from the set called Twick or Tweet.
Happy Aloha Tuesday! I hope you all had a wonderful long weekend. I'm exhausted from all that kit making and I'm still not done! Enjoy your short week! Thanks for taking time to view my project today!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Teri, you come up with the neatest things - I don't even recall seeing this in the catty.
Thanks for sharing this card with the beads - this is a different twist than the others I've seen online.

Janis said...

Another great idea. I totally love all the Halloween ideas.

Brenda said...

I like this idea for a shaker card! TFS!

Jenny V. said...

Wow Teri great idea, I just love shaker card. I just order a few of these sweet treat cups and I can't wait to try this out and use them.

Michelle Alejandro said...

Teri this is so great! Never thought about using the treat cups as little shaker boxes, that is awesome! TTYL!

Hugs,
Michelle

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, how cool is this, Teri!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow how cool is this!!!

Islander Girl said...

How creative! Love it!

BTW, how much is your class for non-demo's? My friend Janette may go and I didn't know how much you charged non-demo's.

Thanks mucho!

Unknown said...

So cute project! TFS :)

Jodi said...

So cool! Glad you found a use for this stamp other than just using the whole stamp! Love the shaker cards!
Hugs
Jodi =)

kris said...

I love those sweet treat cups! Love what you created with it! Cute!!! TFS Teri! Have a great short week!

Fay said...

Great card! Never would have thought about buying that stamp! :D

Amy said...

Oh, I've got to order those shakers. It's so darling.

joni h said...

Very clever use of the sweet cups! Love the bling for the skeleton's eyes!

Risa said...

Wow, your shaker card is the coolest Teri!
I also love your elegant bag! The DP is beautiful!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Rita said...

I luv it Teri, it's so different!!!