Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thank You Beary Much!

Thank you for your kind get well wishes. I've been a little slow in getting into creating projects to post since I'm having a hard time standing up without feeling pain. I have to rest during most of the day and at night I feel so antsy from not doing anything that I have to create something. So now, I'm sitting at my work table trying to create and for those who know me, know that I prefer to stand while working but that has not been happening since my boo boo. I'm still waiting for this air cast to be fitted for my foot so I can go back to work! The doctor wants me to use this so I won't make it worse. Just waiting for the swelling to go down so the tissue can heal. Sounds crazy huh!
Anyhoo, tonight, I decided to create a card using my new build-a-bear Sizzix Bigz die (#117977 $23.95). Wini had cut some out for me in different shades of brown. I'm using the creamy caramel one. I also used the Beary Essential Bigz die (#117978 $23.95). I cut her blouse out using the DP called Kaleidoscope. They are such pretty colors! (#115680 $9.95). The Melon Mambo CS matched perfectly for her skirt and shoes. BTW, the background paper used for this card is also from the Kaleidoscope paper pack and the main card is Barely Banana.
Other supplies used: Elegant Thank You (#114484 $8.95), wide oval punch #112082 $15.95, Eyelet border punch #113692 $15.95, Pumpkin Pie CS, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (I didn't realize that this is no longer in the catalog! boo hoo!) Here's what the inside looks like. Can you tell that I tried a new size for my card? This card is measured at 4 1/4" X 9 1/4" and can fit in a #10 envelope.
I stamped the sentiment Much Appreciated from the set with the same name (and it is also retired! oops!) The flower came from a set called Garden Greetings, which is not shown in the catalog, but is available and is on the dormant list.
Thank you for your visit today, I appreciate your visits and your comments too!

20 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Teri!
Geez, I didn't realize you were in so much pain! Hope you feel better soon. Let me know if you want to just rest this weekend. We can meet up another time.

Jenny

Risa said...

Your card is super cute! The Build-A Bear is adorable!
So sorry to hear that you injured your foot! Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon!
Big Hugs
Risa:)

Unknown said...

Hi, Teri!

How adorable is this!! Love it, Teri!

kris said...

Very very cute! Hope you feel better Teri! take it easy and rest up! take care now!

Unknown said...

Get plenty of rest, Teri, and don't feel you need to post on your blog - your health is #1.

Brenda said...

It's great that you can easily change up the build-a-bear by just changing the clothes. Very cute card! Take care...

Colleen said...

Teri, I am sorry that your ankle is in so much pain. I am praying that the pain at least will go away soon. I am also praying that your ankle is able to heal quickly.
What a cute card using the build a bear die. I have seen some very cute ideas using this dies. I can't wait to get to use mine.
I hope that your day is not too boring since you are not able to walk around much. This gives you more time to stamp right. :)

joni h said...

ouch, teri! your ankle sounds painful! hope you heel soon!
love your card! it's always nice to try different size cards!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Oh no Teri, I hope your ankle heals fast. You poor thing. LMK if you need anything.

Love the build a bear card. Wasn't sure when su brought them out, if I was going to like it. Now I totally love them, lol. Take care of yourself.

Hugs,
Michelle

Lynnelle said...

Hi Teri! OMG. I had no idea about your ankle. Hope you get better soooon. Love the card :). XOXO Lynnelle

Jodi said...

This is so very cute!! I'm so glad I got to see everything last weekend in person! Love this!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Jodi said...

OMG about your ankle... I already spoke to you on the phone when you went to the doctor for it but I still want to wish you well and take care girl!! Gotta be more careful, LOL! anyway enjoy your time home and hope you can craft here and there while you hobble around.
Hugs
Jodi =)

Janis said...

Take care & feel better soon. I gotta get the build a bear set too!!!

Islander Girl said...

Oh my, this is super cute!!!

I didn't realize you've been home this whole time! I wish we lived closer! I would have crafted with you (^o^)! Hope you feelin' better!!!

See ya Sat!

Enjoli said...

This is such a cute card. I'm so happy I got my BAB dies. I hope your ankle is all better. You poor thing! Get well soon. Hugs, Enjoli

Kyoko said...

Oh Teri, I hope the pain is dwindling! At least you are so tiny that your hubby can carry you around the house! Hey, even I can carry you ... LOL!

Huggies!
Kyoko

kraftkat said...

Aww, sorry to hear about your big ow-ee. Take it easy & take care! Hard to imagine that you're forced to slow down, when you're always going 100 mph! And your creation is so very cute, as always.

Joy said...

what a cute card! I wish I could create too! I have been feeling very yucky! so I have been bed bound for a couple days now...probably take the rest of the week off...I'm like you and I'm getting restless but I only can do things for a little while and then my stomach hurts too much for me to do anything! I hate it! hope your boo boo gets better soon. love the SU cards you've been creating =) hope we can get together soon! take care!

Rita said...

Oh no Teri! Sorry to hear about your ankle, I hope you feel better soon & keep off your feet. I'm the same way while creating, whether it's scrapping or card making I have to stand as well. Get better quick! sending you healing hugs girl!

Your card is beautiful & I'm liking the insides my friend! Great job!

Little C's Creations said...

Tooo cute this cut!

Hugs,
Jen