Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Monday, April 12, 2010

April 2010 Class Projects

Wow! A beginning of another new week! Sorry for the missing posts but that's how it usually goes during class week. For those of you who know me best, know that I'm the kind of person that works better under pressure. I knew that I wanted to make cards this month featuring the Sweet Pea felt flowers, and I knew that I wanted to do some kind of 3D project, but of course, that idea didn't materialize until a week before class! Are you surprised?? I'm always on the lookout for cute projects and this one was shared with me by Wini. This cute tote bag was not created by me, but by a very talented SU demonstrator by the name of Becky Roberts. Some of you might know her blog, Inking Idaho. If you haven't checked out Becky's blog, you might want to head on over to get some inspiration!
The paper for this tote needed to be created using heavy weight DSP or cardstock and I really wanted to use a DP. This was the only one left in the catty and it's called To The Nines... side view...
inside...acetate pockets to hold the cards
Here's a close up of the flower we put on the outside pocket. It was made using 10 flowers punched with the large flower punch. We used the Sending Love DSP for it and I must say, I love how it turned out! NOTE to the kits that were picked up by an someone attending the class...I will have to punch out and mail you the flowers, I totally forgot!!
We made three cards (envelopes included). Here's card #1. This Square Lattice embossing folder will be available for purchase starting May 1. This product is featured in the Summer Mini Catalog, Love it!
Here is card #2.
And card #3 was the sneak peek card I posted last week...
Thank you to everyone who attended the class this past weekend. If you ordered a "to go" kit from me, I am waiting for additional supplies to complete your kits, but will send them out ASAP! I will be back on a regular posting schedule this week - sharing another tea light cake I baked this weekend and some news about the monthly one card swap. Thanks for all of your sweet comments and for your patience in my lack of posts these past few days.

19 comments:

Rita said...

OMGosh this is soooo adorable Teri!!! Luv the cards too!

See you soon kiddo...I can't wait! I'm leaving tomorrow.

Hugs
Rita

Cindy Haffner said...

oh my gosh GORGEOUS!!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Teri! I've seen Inking Idaho's projects--that box is too cute! Love your cards, too...

Denise said...

Beautiful projects!! I already have my "wish list" for May. Lovin that embossing folder.
Hugs,
Denise

Jo said...

Hey Teri,
The project looks awesome, can't wait to put my kit together, wish I was there though- next month!

Risa said...

What a brilliant idea and beautiful card case and cards!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Michelle Alejandro said...

So cute! What a cute little case! Love the colors too!

Hugs,
Michelle

Shirley N said...

Wonderful projects! Love that card case and the cards, just beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Pretty cards Teri!!! Love those felt flowers.

Unknown said...

ABSOLUTELY beautiful, Teri! Your creations are always so inspiration! Thanks for sharing! Have a fabulous day!

Brenda said...

Okay, I'm even more bummed to know that I missed these terrific projects! Love them all! Great job!

Tasha said...

Wow so stunning! i love all your projects they are fabulous
love tasha xx

lynn said...

Hi Teri,

I missed your terrific class again. I guess it's too late to purchase it. Bummer!
I just love these cards, so pretty, it's putting a smile on my face.
Hugs,
Lynn

Claudia said...

Wow Teri another beautiful project. Love them all!! TFS!!

Joy said...

this was wonderful! I think I better try this out again and make some for Mother's day! what a great gift to give away...now it's time for me to find the time! thanks for the friendship and for the day of fun. see you soon!

mst822 said...

Oh, what a great project! Beautiful cards too! Luv 'em!
Tammy

1LuvnMama said...

Luv the case Teri! I'm always bummed to miss all your classes. :) One of these days, I'll be able to attend! :)

MsJay said...

These are very nice. TFS

Little C's Creations said...

This is cool! Thanks for sharing!