Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Birthday Card for Rita

Thanks for all of your well wishes for Dad. It's just scary because we don't know what each day will bring, but we have learned that we will take it one day at a time and we will live each day to the fullest!
Before I left for my vacation, I really lost my mojo...I wanted to create so bad, but just couldn't bring myself to do it! The night before I left, I forced myself to make a birthday card for Rita since we were going to meet up. Here's what I ended up making. I was excited to use this embossing folder that I just ordered from SU. It's not a new folder, but I recently used it at Cindy's Hana Hou event and loved it! I wonder why I never ordered it?? I used a sponge to add some color and added some bling in the center of the flowers. Image is by TGF that I've been wanting to ink up for a while now. The sentiment, Wishes, is from my favorite stamp set called Fundamental Phrases. Punches used - scallop oval, large oval and small heart.
Here's a close up.
And here's the inside of the card. I used a MS punch for the edges. Sentiment is from a retired SU set.
I haven't gone back to work yet. Today, a PT came over to check Dad out to make sure that he is stable and to show us some exercises to strengthen his legs. It's comforting to know that he's in good hands. It's the weekend for me even though it's a Thursday. Furlough Friday tomorrow...enjoy the long weekend if you are on furlough tomorrow!

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Teri, gorgeous card!! Love the coloring and the color choice for your card! I'm sure she loved it!
So glad to hear that grandpa is okay! I can imagine the worry you had.
Hugs
Jodi =)

Shirley N said...

Your card is so pretty, I really love the embossing and your sponging. Lucky for dad to be in such good hands with all of you. Hope he's back to his old self soon. Take care.

Allison Rankin said...

Super sweet. Love the embossing folder and punched elements!

lynn said...

Cute simple card TERI, I love it.
So glad your dad is okay and so glad your back.

hugs,
Lynn

Rita said...

I loved your card Teri & the colors & embossing folder are so beautiful...luv your coloring too! The best part was meeting you in person & I felt such a connection, like we had known each other for years. Thanks again my friend. Your dad is in good hands & I'm sure he appreciates all you & your family do for him.

Hugs & kisses
Rita

Alice said...

awww.... this is adorable!!

Happy Honu said...

That card is really nice, I guess I gotta get THAT embossing folder, can't believe I don't have it. Your dad has been in our prayers and it looks like everything is going well. Take care, Myra

Tammi said...

Oh love that embossed part! I wonder if those work with the cuttlebug?? An adorable card!! And I just read about your dad down below ((hugs)) Looks like a wonderful time in Vegas, and wow on that dessert, yum!! I went once with friends & family, we never walked so much in our lives, lol, but it was fun seeing all the different shops, entertainment. :)