Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bloggers Connect!

Hello blogland! Sorry that I was not able to post for the last week. Before I share some fun and exciting photos from my vacation, I wanted to say that I had a whole line up of posts but wasn't able to finalize the posting before I left for my vacation to Vegas with my sister and BIL. The morning of the day I was leaving, I noticed that my Dad was not behaving normally. He wasn't answering my questions and just stared at me with that "blank look". I was looking at him and it looked like his mouth was a little droopy and when he spoke to me, there was a slight slurr to it. The thought crossed my mind, but I was in disbelief to think that maybe he suffered a stroke? When my sister came to pick me up to go to the airport, we tried to hug Dad to say goodbye, but he refused. He was very honory and said No to everything we offered him. Eric finally convinced Dad that he needed to go to get checked out. Hours later, when we arrived in LV we got the phone call with the news that Dad did suffer a small stroke. Test after test and a few days later, Dad was released from the hospital. The miracle of this is that Dad can still walk, talk, function pretty normally except every once in a while, he gives us the blank stare or just cannot remember. That's the part of the brain that the stroke affected. Still, I am so thankful that we still have him here with us, although anything can happen in the days ahead. We are still meeting with PT's and appointments with a surgical team to determine if Dad is a candidate for surgery. Thanks for being patient with me and reading the above...on to something fun.
The last week, my sister and brother-in-law treated me to a trip to Las Vegas. The last time I was in Vegas, was for a Stampin' Up! Convention! This vacation was just for some R&R and I was thrilled to find out that one of my blogger friends all the way from Massachusetts was going to be in Vegas the same time as me! Rita and I became friends about three years ago through blogland! Can you believe that? Rita's blog is called Rita's Little Corner...please pop on over to show her some Aloha! Since Rita and Dan were staying at the beautiful Palazzo Hotel on the strip, we drove over to meet her. We stayed at the Main Street Station downtown. Here's a photo of the beautiful Palazzo!Here's a photo of me and Rita. We met in the lobby, it was beautiful!
Here we are in the hotel restaurant eating some very yummy but sinful dessert...
We walked around the hotel. This hotel is connected to the Venetian.
Look at all the yummy sorbet
It was so nice to walk around to see all of the fancy shops!
Me and my sister, Cheryl.
It was so nice to finally meet one of my blogging friends. I can't wait for you to visit us here in Hawaii Rita!! We will definately get together to craft!
I'll have more photos to share with you...more photos from Vegas and a couple of cards I made for Rita.
Thanks for sticking with me through a week on no posts!! Thanks to those who emailed me to check up on me! Love you guys!

17 comments:

Brenda said...

Those are beautiful pictures of Vegas! Makes me want to jump on a plane right now! I hope you enjoyed your well deserved break! So sorry to hear about your Dad. Please let me know if there is anything that I can help with! TTYL!

Unknown said...

So glad your dad is okay, Teri.
Ahh...thanks so much for sharing these photos! I was there earlier this year, very nice! So glad you had a great time!

mst822 said...

Welcome back Teri! I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation! It's good to get away & relax once in a while. I'm glad your dad is doing well.
Tammy

mst822 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Waipahu CBDO dba Waipahu Community Coalition said...

Teri-
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family- I hope that Dad continues to recover and can have surgery. I'm glad that you were able to identify signs of a stroke; he is very lucky to have children like you. I'm glad that you had a nice vacation and got to finally relax. I know that things have been very tough for you. Take care and I wish you and your family the best.

Janis said...

Welcome back Teri! Sorry to hear about your dad. But glad that you got to meet Rita. Your desserts look delish!

1LuvnMama said...

What a nice meeting in Vegas! Glad you were able to relax and enjoy some R&R time with family. Sorry to hear about your dad. I know how much he means to you and how close you are with him. Take care and take care of him! :)

Shirley N said...

Welcome back Teri, glad you had a wonderful time on your trip! Sorry to hear what your dad is going through and hope he gets better. Take care Teri!

Chrisd said...

Please know I'll be keeping your Dad and your family in my prayers. Please keep us updated as to his progress.We had fun when we visited LV a few years back too. Great photos.

Gina Wrona said...

Aloha Teri!

How exciting! I've never been to Vegas.

Hugs,
Gina

donna mikasa said...

Welcome home! Looks like you had so much fun, meeting up with a blogging buddy! How cool is that? So glad your dad is doing better...Take good care!

Unknown said...

Hi Teri! Glad your dad is ok. Very nice pictures! TFS. Hugs :)

Lynnelle said...

Hi Teri, Welcome Back! I missed you :). Hugs to your Dad. Lynnelle

Kelly said...

Hi, Teri,
Hope that everything is ok with your dad. Glad to hear that you had a well-deserved vacation.
Take care!

Joy said...

so you are finally back...yay! I didn't know exactly when you were returning. looks like you had a blast in Vegas. I think this trip I will take Taelyn all over and take pictures like you and not only shop. I was thinking of renting my own car this time and then I can go wherever I like. I am praying for your dad to be okay. we love him and he is the cutest man in the world! give him hugs for us and let me know if there is anything I can do.

Jodi said...

I am so glad you are home and that you got to meet Rita in person too!!
I am so very worried about him and he is the sweetest, funniest man!
I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs
Jodi =)

Cami said...

Welcome back for a long overdue and well deserved vacation. HOw wonderful to finally meet a blog friend and share those wonderful moments and eating all the sinful deserts! I'm glad your dad is alright and thank goodness you recognized the signs of a stroke. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers and I know how close you are to him and how much he helps you with your crafting! Take care of yourself, too, Teri! Hugs, Cami