Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fancy Favors in Acetate and OCS name check

I can't believe that Easter is just around the corner! I'm finally at the tail end of my basket making! Today, I wanted to share with you a cute basket I made using the Sizzix XL Fancy Favor die. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite dies! To cut out the basket, I used a sheet of acetate that I bought from J's. This sheet is 12X12 in size so you can get two fancy favors out of it. The weight is perfect and I was amazed at how sturdy it turned out. The best part was that I only used three mini glue dots to hold the sides together. No other adhesive was needed even on the bottom. The acetate is stiff and sturdy and it just stayed; I was impressed! Here is the basket decorated with one of the 25 bunnies I finished. Here's a side view. I used my crop-a-dile to punch the holes on the side and added some grosgrain ribbon for the handle. I still have tons of these pretty ribbons from last year's SAB ribbon bundle.
Here are the names of the players for the April OCS. If your name is not on it, please send me an email asap. I will be sending emails this weekend.
Kelli B.
June K.
Tia I.
Joy U.
Joy D.
Michelle U.
Teresa M.
Joni H.
Denise N.
Jamee N.
Lori O.
Amy P.
Gina W.
Justine M.
Colleen K.
Brenda B.
Cyndi K.
Claudia P.
Alecia G.
Kim D.
Gail W.
Liann M.
Jayne C.
Mary B.
Jenny S.
Kim Y.
Ilissa W.
Dori T.
Jovita T.
Melita H.
Berenice R.
Kris P.
Sharon B.
Jenny V.
Mary C.
Elena
Thanks for stopping by today! I'll have another Easter basket to share with you tomorrow!

18 comments:

kris said...

oh wow!!! that is soooo CUTE!!! i LOVE it!!! didn't see one like this with the acetate as the base!!! very creative girl!! hugs!

Jenny said...

Hi Teri,
Love your bunnies and this basket! You inspired me to make my own punch art bunny- boy are they a lot of work, but came out really cute so I think it was worth it.

Thanks for coordinating the OCS!

Jenny (from Hilo)

donna mikasa said...

Great idea to use acetate--I love the clear basket!

Unknown said...

So cute favors! TFS :)

Jo said...

Hi Teri- so cute and clever with the acetate basket- gotta try this-thanks for sharing!!!

1LuvnMama said...

OMGosh Teri! You made 25 of these? Wonderful but looks like a lot of work! You amaze me with all that you do! :)

Barbie said...

Hi Teri,
the basket is absolutely adorable! i'm going to J's to pick up acetate...you are a GREAT salesperson! :0)
Happy Easter! Barbie

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh simply FABULOUS.

Joy said...

awe...these baskets are just too cute for words! I wanna try the acetate box! love your punched out bunnies...they are darling! you must have been working hard. I make the easier kind. hope you have a wonderful weekend! we'll get together real soon! take care and happy Easter and april fool's day to you!

Happy Honu said...

What a great idea! You are so creative and thanks for sharing!!!--Myra

Happy Honu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

Your basket turned out really cute! Thanks for cutting one for me to try. I don't know how you made all those punched bunnies!!!

Enjoli said...

Hi Teri! Please count me in if you still have space. Love this basket. It is so cute!! =) Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs, Enjoli

Allison Rankin said...

I made something similar tonight! I love this with the clear, acetate bag! And what yumminess inside too!

Brenda said...

love this acetate basket! i can't believe you made 25 of these!

Chrisd said...

Please include me in the swap...Thanks

Unknown said...

Cute basket, Teri. Just ordered this die - can't wait to try it with acetate. Thanks for the inspiration.

Little C's Creations said...

Ohhhhh that bunny is just so adorable!! Love that acetate bag too!!

Hugs,
Jen