Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Monday, April 5, 2010

A non-baked cake!

I had so much fun making this cute little cake. Of course, it's not a real cake and not edible, but it looks so yummy! On one of my visits to Cute Stuff in Puck's Alley, Lianne showed me some of her cakes and of course, I needed to make one! Here's a close up of my cake with the candle "on"...can you guess what it's made of? It's a tea light! How clever some people are to think up of these things. To cover the "cake", I used the small I-Top punch. It's a perfect fit. I used a small scrap from one of my SU DSP's...Then, I wrapped a chocolate chip 3/8" strip around the base and covered it with ribbon. The scallop circle is the small marvy punch (blue) and then I embellished it with bling and tiny roses. I love how the candle can be turned on and off under the cake. I punched a 1/4" circle on the bottom of the scallop circle so you can turn the switch on and off.
Here's a close up of the inside of the cover embellished with a leftover felt flower from the Sweet Pea line.
I lined the inside of the box and the inside flap of the cover. The cover cannot close, but I think it would look cute on a desk displayed opened anyway.
Hope you all enjoyed your Easter Sunday...Thanks for stopping by today! Can't believe that Monday rolled around so fast!!

20 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Hi Teri! It's been a while since I've visited Cute Stuff. That cake is too cute! Is it made of paper? Looks like fabric to me....I love that it has zero calories! Have a great week!

Rita said...

OMG Teri...this is AWESOME, it's sooo beautiful! How clever to add the tea light, looks good enough to eat! Great job!

mst822 said...

What a beautiful project Teri! The cake looks absolutely yummy! No calories too! LOL!
Tammy

Unknown said...

What a cute idea, Teri. It certainly doesn't look like papercrafts - so clever.

Denise said...

So pretty!! Love the clever idea. Beautiful job with this fat/calorie free cake!
Hugs,
Denise

Jenny said...

This came out so cute! Now I gotta try! Thanks for the instructions.

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Cindy Haffner said...

Teri your work is so BEAUTIFUL!!

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful project, love it. Anesha

Brenda said...

Aw... this is so adorable! Can't wait until you teach this as a class (wink)!

Shirley N said...

Teri you come up with the cutest things. Your project is so pretty!!!

1LuvnMama said...

Teri,
This is amazing! So darn cute . . . and luv that you put the tea light in the center! How clever! :) I must try it!

Joy said...

Taelyn is so blessed to have you as her aunty! she was so thrilled to receive this and kept showing grandma how she could blow out her light/candle! I am really glad I got to make one too. thanks for all of the fun! so...when will we be heading over to Cute Stuff? just let me know! I am waiting... hahaha! TTYL! hope you had a happy Easter!

MargaritaMD said...

this is just the cutest thing ever!!! you are SO creative!

Michelle Alejandro said...

This is so adorable! Love it! You have to show me how to make it! So cute! I know Tae loved it!

Hugs,
Michelle

Happy Honu said...

That is one cute cake. What a great creative idea. Gotta finish reading this post, so I can make one =) Myra

Janis said...

Cute cake Teri! Looks so real that it makes me hungry! lol.

Gina Wrona said...

Aloha Teri,

OMG! This cake is so AWESOME! LOVED IT! YOU ROCK SISTAH!

Hugs,
Gina

Little C's Creations said...

love those felt flowers, got me some on my 1st order!

smooches!
Jen

Colleen said...

what great colors for the cake. wish I could bake a real one that looks as pretty as that. I may just need to stick to making the paper kind. :)

Cami said...

This is so clever and beautiful! I love how you did your tea light cake. I saw this at Lianne's and she said you made beautiful ones and sure enough! Thanks for sharing how you did it. The best calorie/fat free cake that would last forever! Great job on this Teri. You are so talented! Hugs, Cami