Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tutorial for little basket/purse

Happy weekend! Today, I will share some instructions for the cute little basket/purse. I think I will call it a purse because it no longer looks like a basket with these alterations. When this die first came out, I was so excited and introduced it to my downline and customers at my open house. Needless to say, it wasn't as easy to put together as I thought. That's because the bottom of the basket is round and it was hard to shape (for me anyway). I'm so happy to see this altered version to make a purse/basket easier to create it with just one extra piece of cardstock. I can live with this change except I need to re-purchase the die since I sold it to someone who said she would take it off of my hands - LOL! The joke was on me! For purposes of this tutorial, I used a So Saffron colored cardstock so you can see how it's done. You will need a piece of cardstock cut at 5X7. With the 5" at the top, score at 2" and 5". Turn the cardstock so that the 7" is at the top and cut at 2" UP TO THE 2" SCORE MARK AND CONTINUE TO CUT FROM THE 3" SCORE MARK DOWN TO THE EDGE OF THE CARDSTOCK. I hope this illustration helps explain what I'm talking about.
Attach the cut out purse front and back pieces to the cardstock piece in the middle sections as shown below.
Fold in the sides of the cardstock piece so that one side looks like this. Repeat for the other side. I used my 1/2" circle punch and snipped off the tip of the edge of the paper so it won't show through the handles. It should look like this:
When you put it all together, it should look like this:
It's a side view of the basket. (Did you see my green fingernails?? LOL! on a sidenote, I read in the Honolulu Advertiser that greens and purples were the latest Spring nail colors!) The finished basket with the fun and easy flower to make looks like this:
Thanks for stopping in on your busy weekend! I hope you are all doing something fun! I'm busy packing my suitcase...going to Vegas with my sister next week for a much needed vacation! Hope you enjoyed this simple tutorial. As soon as I get my hands on this die again, I'll be making more.

11 comments:

Helen said...

I saw this cute basket on many blogs and always wondering how they were made. Thanks for the tutorial.

Mele09 said...

Hi Teri: Love that purse! TFS. Thanks for OCS. Have fun in Vegas! Dori T.

Shirley N said...

Great tutorial Teri, this is such a beautiful purse! Good luck and have fun in Vegas!

donna mikasa said...

Great tutorial, Teri! Such a cute little purse!
Have fun in Vega$...

Enjoli said...

Hi Teri,
Thank you for the great tutorial! I didn't know that it was box. I love that idea. Hope you have a great trip!! =) BTW.. I love your nail polish.
Hugs,
Enjoli

Janis said...

Love the cute purse. You were right. The bottom was hard to work with before. This works out so much better. Enjoy your vacation!!

JenRaff said...

Such a cute little purse! Love your nail polish, too :)
Have an awesome time in Vegas!

Risa said...

Very nice tutorial Teri and Thanks for sharing!
hugs
Risa:)

airing cupboard crafts said...

Your basket is cute. Thank you so much for sharing the tutorial x

Joy said...

what a cute basket/purse. don't know if I have this die. love that you taught us those flowers too! I am enjoying myself. love the green nails...can't wait until you use the purple...hint* have a good trip! I am excited for you. please enjoy yourself and just relax and no worries. it's time for you to rejuv and get back into the swing of things. call me when you are there! can't wait to shop with you...on the phone that is! lol! big hugs~ joy

Little C's Creations said...

Great idea and pretty neat how you've changed it up! Hope all is well in your corner of the island!!! Hugs, Jen