Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Birthday cards for Joyce and Wini

My GF Joyce celebrated her birthday the day after Nolan's. Here's the card I made for her. I decided to dust off my cricut and use my new cartridge called Create a Critter that I bought over a month ago. I love the critters on this cartridge, super cute! I decided to use this cute Panda. I also used 3M adhesive craft paper on all the parts to create the panda. It made putting this panda together super easy! Just peel and stick!! I'm gonna have to stock up on more colors so making more critters will be super easy. Looks like a walking trip to Fisher Hawaii during my lunch next week! Just in case you've never tried this self adhesive craft paper before, I gotta tell you that it is so easy to use. And cutting it in my cricut is not a problem either.
BTW, I typed up the sentiment on my computer using the font called won ton...and I used the sentiment "ai yah" on the front of the card because Joyce has vanity plates on her car that says "ai yah"...she got a kick out of it!
Other supplies used for the card - nesties frame (and I left in the cut out for a solid center), bling, oval punches (SU). And here's another birthday card I made. This one is for my partner in crime, Wini, who celebrated her bday in May. Do you love this huge flower?? Got it from Little C's. Nesties to cut out the shaker window and TGF image is from a cute set called Roll Call...got that from Tamikos! Colored the image using my copies, I thought the greens blended pretty good...that's Wini's favorite color!
Thanks for popping in today!! I have more to share so stop back in soon!

7 comments:

Rita said...

Awe... such a cute panda, I luv it Teri! The frame behind it was a great idea...luv your sentiment, I'm sure she got a kick out of seeing that!

Your shaker card is beautiful, luv the frame!

Unknown said...

Hi Teri! Super cute cards. TFS Big hugs :)

eunice said...

Yay! You made a cricut card! Absolutely adorable! Don't you just love this Create a Critter cartridge? "Ai Yah!" is so, so cute!
Oh, and Wini's card is so sweet! I'm sure she must have been so excited to recieve this!

joni h said...

Both cards are so cute! The panda reminded me of Po from Kung Fu Panda! Mandi would love a card like that...hmmm, CASE in the making!
Love your shaker card! Your coloring is great! Love the shadow on her face!...hmm, another CASE! Copy cat!
Have a great day!

Joy said...

sweet cards for those dear lovely ladies! I am sure they really loved their cards. since your class I have been on a shaker roll! will be posting them through the week! have a good evening as it's back to digging tomorrow...lol!

Joy said...

Super cute cards!!! I love it and I'm just sooo happy that you finally used the Create A Critter! Aren't you so glad you used it?! I will have to copy this card, that's for sure, super cute panda bear!!!

Hugs,
Joy

Little C's Creations said...

That panda looks like Kung Fu Panda, ya? Oh gosh, I really have to bust out that cart now... thanks for getting the drools going.

Hugs,
Jen