Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Friday, June 29, 2007

Happy Aloha Friday!

Don't you just love Aloha Friday??? I do. But for me, it's not time to relax, it's time for my weekend job! Planning classes or working on projects and blogging. Well, tomorrow, we are having an open house at Jen's house. I'm so excited to be going to this open house because I missed the Tuesday one for the ladies of leisure group...I guess I'm not a lady of leisure since I have to work during the day - aw shucks! Going to this OH will prep me for the OH I will be having at my home on the following Saturday, July 7th. We're doing 3 make and takes and will have a display using the new stamp sets. And yay! we will also be displaying the NEW CATALOG!!! Now that Jen has hers! Did you guys watch her daily video? I love this girl, always brings a smile to my face. If you haven't watched her videos, go check out her blog called Pieces of Me.
Well, I actually was able to make a card. This cute wedding stamp is by Stampendous. I'm waiting for SU to make a really nice wedding stamp set. I used Pretty in Pink and Basic Black CS and a SU pink eyelet. Also used my crop-o-dile, which by the way, is being sold in the new SU catalog. I also used light pink gingham ribbon and dazzling diamonds on the brides veil. Anyway, I wanted to share this wedding card I made for my neighbor Aunty Lani. She's going to a wedding and has asked me to make her a card. Aunty Lani is a dear, dear friend to our family and the funny story about her is that when my son Nolan was 1 1/2 years old, Aunty Lani came over to return some Danielle Steele books she borrowed from me and she also brought over some delicious corn bread. We told him that the corn bread was "Lani Cake" and ever since then, Nolan only knows corn bread as Lani Cake. If you ask my family about corn bread, they will give you a strange look until you say Lani Cake and then they will know that you meant corn bread. Here's a pic of Nolan and Aunty Lani. I also took a pic of Nolan with the yummy "Lani Cake". Here's the recipe - this is a favorite breakfast food for my family. Hope you will give it a try. You won't be disappointed!
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 block butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups bisquick mix
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3 Tablespoons yellow cornmeal
Beat eggs well. Add milk and melted butter. Fold in dry ingredients (I use a hand mixer). Pour into a 9X9 square pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool, cut and serve!
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thats too funny! I love hearing stories like that. But right now I'm staring at that ono Lani cake and want to eat it. I'll have to try your recipe.

Unknown said...

Teri:

I love Aloha Friday's. I listen to Aloha Joe's Radio program and I look forward to hearing the song " It's Aloha Friday ". The Lani cake looks delicious. I can not wait to try the recipe out. I hope that you are having a wonderful day..

Carol Lee

Anonymous said...

we all love Fridays...but you know the saying..."the weekend was too short". I wish I had more time to craft...I just need the ideas and the time! I love that wedding stamp...do they still sell it at Stampendous? can you help me with an idea on how to make a pop-up card? I'm trying to figure out something new for James' birthday card. please...I need your help!
thank you!