Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The ransom was delivered and more holiday tags

Hellooo...I can hear the echo...so empty in here! I can't believe that I've been off the blog for a while. I've been abducted by work, classes and obligations!! Can you believe that my last post was November 3rd? Oh my! I am made to believe that I was captured by that thing called STRESS and that the ransom must've been paid today because I'm finally back! haha! Nothing like kidding around to get me in a better mood. I missed you all and have been collecting projects so I can keep you guys up-to-date with what I've been doing! Thank you to Jen for the "pep talk" and Dawn G for the concern and encouragement - love you guys!


Well, remember my tag class? I never finished posting the whole set, so, here it is! You've already seen some of them, but I thought since it was sooooo long ago, I'd do it all here once again. I had 9 kits left and had such a hard time "catching up" to put them all together. With a little encouragement from my friends and help of course from Wini (Thank you!!) I'm finally putting the rest of the tags together. Each tag packet comes with a sample so you'll know how to assemble them. Each image had to be stamped because some of the kit buyers don't own all of those stamp sets! Win, I owe you big time!! XOXO































These last two tags were the ones I never posted. This gift enclosure was inspired by a post I saw on Nichole Heady's blog called {Capture the Moment} (love this blog!!) Have you all visited the Papertrey Ink site? Love their stamps! Here's the side view.
Back to the project! I used my giga scallop square punch using Ballet Blue cardstock. The front piece is a 2x2 whisper white square and the back is a 2x4 piece using whisper white and folded in half. Adhere that piece to the back of the square and there you have it! A quick and cute gift enclosure! I used the stamp set Snow Burst from the Holiday Mini catalog and the word Peace from Everyday Flexible Phrases. I used Ballet Blue ink and of course we couldn't forget the *bling* so I used my dazzling diamonds!

Now this tag is even easier than the gift enclosure. I used this stamp from the set Punch Pals. This stamp coordinates with the SU's circle scallop punch, perfect and super fast to make! I stamped the image using the color Handsome Hunter and the circle image with Purely Pomegranate. Punched out the circle with the 3/4" circle punch and adhered it with a stampin' dimensional. I used the silver cord (that SU no longer carries). The new elastic cording will work just as good, in fact, I like the elastic cord better because it doesn't fray (split).
Whew! Glad I'm moving on from tags. I love this class and the projects but it is so much work!! Thank you to those of you who attended my classes for the tags. I'm taking suggestions for next year - should we go simple?? Ha!

5 comments:

Little C's Creations said...

Aw girl - anytime. That is what I am here for - love ya too!!!

These tags are AWESOME!! You always create cute stuffs, and people are honored to attend these classes that you hold to even have a tiny grasps of your ideas. Totally cute!! Thank you for sharing....

ok, no forget - if can, can, if no can, no can....


hugs,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh my these tags are goregous girlie .

xoxox
Dawn griffith

corinnesomerville said...

These tags are absolutely adorable !!! Anybody would love to find this on their gift !! It's a gift with a gift :)

Love ya
Corinne

Anonymous said...

It was very complicated, but it was lots of fun! I had so much fun of it...I had to buy 3!! It was/is a good gift to give this Christmas season...yes!

twinks said...

Huge hugs being blown over the Koolaus! Got my duckies on Saturday!

These tags are awesome!