Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Little C's Weekly Challenge #5

Wow! This week's challenge was really a challenge. In planning this card, I had to use a little more brain juice to get my card going! haha!! This week, the challenge was to do a "wrap around" card. This card, to me, is like having a theme and the message "wraps around" the card. I've never made one like this before but it was fun and I'm okay with how my card turned out. I used this cute stamp by Rachel Ann Miller called "Hoo Hoo There". Got this from Little C's I'm not great in coloring with my copics, but I do love their blender pen. It really lightens up the color where you want it to. The friends stamp is an old one by Printworks. Got this from Cute Stuff way back when...Lianne might still have some on the shelf? The bottom design is the design that is carried throughout all sides of the card. Here I used the flower, dotted circle and the solid circle from my SU set called Enjoy Every Moment. Added some bling which I got for my bday from my GF Joy (thanks joy, I luv this!)
Here's the inside of the card. I carried the same border (minus the solid dot) but added the sentiment "Yoo Hoo" which I got from my mini Sparkle Clear set from Hero Arts called Yoo Hoo Owl. Wondering why I have a DSP band going across?? Well, I forgot that when you color with copics, it goes through the paper...duh! So had to cover up the backsides of the images I colored. I suppose I could've done the card over but I ran out of time! (shh, don't tell anyone my secret!)
Here's the back of the card. I carried the same border to the back of the card, minus the bling...(I suppose I could've added some here). Isn't the owl cute?! I love it that she has eye lashes. She is from a clear stamp set, which I cannot remember from which company! (Maybe Stampendous) Got this from Cute Stuff.
Here's a view of the front and back of the card...See how it "wraps around"?Join us with this challenge! Want to see more? Check out the other Little C's DT members who have their take on this wrap around card.
Be sure to check out Jen's blog Pieces of Me for all the details on her weekly challenges!
Have a great Tuesday! And for sure, tomorrow I have some wonderful braks to share. Note to Kelly T., your five minutes of fame is coming up!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Neat card ... and a lot of work too. It's like a small book. Thanks for sharing.

Joy said...

too cute...I don't know where you find the time to post in the morning...but I'm so glad you do so now I have something to look at before I start work!

Risa said...

Hey Teri!
Your card is so cute!! I love your stamps and the colors are so pretty together!
I had a "time" with this challenge... I tell you...my card is so plain! My brain juices did not wanna co-operate:)

Rita said...

So darn cute!!! Luv what you did with this sketch Teri!!!

Maria said...

Ooh, fabulous wrap around card, Teri! I really love that owl images! They are so darn cute. Love your coloring too!! Awesome job!

Maria

Jean said...

Cute owls! And yeah, I needed the "brain juice" to do this challenge, too. I also bit the bullet and ordered Copic markers ...just waiting for them to get delivered!

Little C's Creations said...

Yoo Hoo.... lovely sister!!! Too Cute!!! Oh My!! I really do want to do a RE-DO of mines... I feel like I'm in Kindergarten!!! LOL!!!!

Hugs,
Jen

eunice said...

Darn, Teri this card is so CUTE. First time ever for me seeing a wrap around card...looks like lots of hard work, kind of like doing 4 cards in one, yeah? Hey, where can I get some of that BRAIN JUICE you have there...I want my cards to be as cute as yours too!

Elaine said...

Hey Teri,
What a cute idea and a way to make the card "Happy" all the way around!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is the ultimate in CUTEness! I love how put together it looks (I have such a hard time with that!) Your colouring and the pattern you stamped are pure perfection! :o)

Colleen said...

What a neat card Teri. I don't usually like owls, but these owls are really cute. I tried ordering them through Jen earlier this week but it was out of stock. I guess after everyone saw your card they purchased the stamp.

Sarah Peale said...

How cute are those owls?!?! These are fantastic!