Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Giftcard holders using a CD case

I know I said that I would post the rest of the raks, but I since I'm not done editing those photos yet, I thought I'd share this with you today.
A couple of weeks ago, we had a terrible stormy day. I had taken off from work to get some holiday stuff done and I was glad that I didn't have to wait at that bus stop that morning! The winds were howling like hurricane winds and the rain came down constantly in sheets!! I sent my son to school, only to have them get turned around and sent home. Anyway, here's what I did that day. I colored all of these images for these CD giftcard holders I made for my co-worker, Alice and my niece, Jodi. They asked if I could make some GC holders for them and of course, I would have to choose to make these. I made a total of 23 of them, so 3 were for me to use :) Oh, did I mention that we had no electricity for the most of the day and I colored these images by lantern? I was desperate and couldnt waste the day, right!? Gotta keep on that holiday schedule!!
This first holder is my absolute favorite. I shared with this with Michelle. I love this stamp! I bought it last year and never had the chance to use it!
Surfing snowman from the SU set called Shellebrate! I used the CB folder for the background, thought it came out nice.
Had to use this cute monkey from Dandelion Designs! Her holiday collection was to die for! I bought alot of them!! Can't wait to see your Valentine collection, Jean!!
Love Mr. Sock Monkey!! I finally got the accessories!! DSP is also by SU called Holiday Treasures. I had to use a Tilda stamp. This holder was given to Taelyn (Joy's daughter).
Another Dandelion Designs stamp! Love this image!
This image is from Close to My Heart. I got this last year and love the images from this set!!Here are the measurements for the cardstock if you'd like to try to make some of these. The CD cases are very inexpensive. I bought mine from Fisher Hawaii for only .37 each and for a case of 50 cases, it was $17 something.
Cardstock for the front 4 3/4" X 5" Decorate with image of your choice.
Cardstock for the back 4 5/8" X 5 3/8"
I used mini glue dots to hold the back CS down and slid the front CS under those little tabs already in the case. Put some adhesive on the inside of the front cover to hold the ribbon down and tie in front. The ribbon holds the CS in place. You can cut a mini envelope to serve as a pocket to hold a gift card or just use a mini glue dot to hold the card in place. You can also write a sentiment on the inside cover. Easy! Have fun!

16 comments:

Rina said...

What a great gift idea for ALL occasions. These are all so adorable but, I would have to say...the first snowman and the surfing santa are my favorites. So, so cute!!!

Unknown said...

Great idea, Teri, for using the CD cases. Just bought some Christmas stamps for next year and those would be ideal for this project. Thanks for sharing.

P.S. Having the blackout on Saturday night was productive for me too - cleared all the clutter in my kitchen.

ivy said...

hope the weather is better now!

great idea w/ the cd cases! will have to keep my eye out on good deals on empty ones & make some for birthdays & holidays! TFS! those are all colored so perfectly!

Unknown said...

Very nice, great idea :)

Denise said...

Wow, what a great idea, will you teach me how to make one? You are so creative! Have a Happy New Year!!
Hugs

Jamie Martin said...

Wow you got a lot done with your son home! Love all of the cards :)

Unknown said...

Hi Teri! I would like to invite you to participate in my Sanrio_card challenge, details on my blog :)

Unknown said...

thank you so much for making these gift card holdlers!!! they're awesome and everyone loved it! ^_^

Jodi said...

You were so busy with these! They are all so cute! =)

Corie said...

WOW -- these are just FANTASTIC

Islander Girl said...

Oh my! What a clever idea! I love visiting, you and your friends always have the neatest ideas!!!

Thanks for all the inspirations!!

Rita said...

Great idea, these are beautiful!

Colleen said...

Great ideas as usual. I especially like the ones with the monkeys on them.

Little C's Creations said...

So Cute!!! Everyone's GC Holder turned out adorable!!!

Risa said...

Your CD cases are awesome Teri!

Waseem said...

what a great gift idea..thanks for sharing it as i might need it when use the design for Gift Card envelopes.