Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Monday, December 29, 2008

Wrapping it up simple!

Panic! Running out of time, I needed to make 12 boxes to hold my blondie brownies and snickers cookies in. I thought about using the XL box with tab Sizzix die, well, that was my original plan, but with time so short, I decided to "cheat" a little and buy these kraft boxes from GBC. They were $11 for 25 boxes, which I felt was well worth the money when one is short on time to cut out and glue the diecut boxes together! If you know me, I can't just give a plain box so here is what I came up with! I used some leftover strips of DSP from the Holiday Treasures pack (SU) and some chocolate colored organdy ribbon. The large scallop circle is a Sizzix die and the images are from Little Dreamer Designs. They are the cutest!! Check out their site here! What do you think?? I loved the way they turned out!
Here's a side view of the box. Since the DSP didn't go completely around the box, I hid the ends under the circle.
I hope you are having a non-stressed week!

14 comments:

Jodi said...

Great idea to use pre-made boxes in a short amount of time! They all turned out perfect! =)

WhimsicalThoughts said...

Wow those turned out so cute, what a great idea. Something like that would be cute for Valentines day too

Denise said...

Very cute! Love the pics of Mochiko.

Joy said...

thanks for the idea...when I'm strapped for time...like always... I need a fast out...I guess this is the way to go. thanks for reminding me there is another way to do it...then to hand make it all! that's why I was stressed this year. love the way the boxes came out. too cute! hope you have a great new year!

Elaine said...

Wow~ That's such a great presentation and the yummy treats inside will be soooo delectable! Would you share recipes?

Happy new year, Teri! :)

Unknown said...

oh super cute!!!

corinnesomerville said...

oh my gosh, Teri !!! These are beyond stinkin' adorable !!!! LOVE EM !!! Happy New Year My Island Buddy !!!

Love you !!!!

joni h said...

Love it! Very resourceful. Always an inspiration. Happy New Year!

Islander Girl said...

What a clever idea! I'm always press for time so this is definitely a time saver! I'm sure your blondie brownies and snicker cookies are delicious and whoever gets them are lucky!!!!

TFS!
Claudette

Sheree said...

The boxes came out so cute! Great ideas.

Rita said...

Great job on the boxes, they came out great! Luv the pics of Mochiko, even the one with you in the ornament, I luv that one!!!

Colleen said...

Your boxes turned out so cute. Your friends that received them sure got a special treat. :)

Maureen said...

Super cute! I love the Little Dreamer stuff!!

Risa said...

Your treat bags are awesome Teri and I adore the cute images!
Thanks for sharing the link, I'm on my way to check it out right now.
I was in a panic mode also Teri and I vow to have a grip on all of my Christmas cards and projects next year! I'm too old to handle the stress....lol
Hugs
Risa:)