Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hello Kitty Folder

Are you getting tired of my HK projects yet? Here's another project that I created using one of the Hello Kitty designs that I cut out on Monday. I really like cutting out these Hello Kitty pieces with the Cricut and I really enjoy using my Cricut when the pieces cut out perfect. I notice that the smaller pieces get all scrunched up which frustrates me so I thought that I would cut out some HK stuff LARGE. I've never cut out one of these HK heads before, so I'm thinking Large, hmm, 4 1/2" should be a good size and yikes! it came out pretty BIG! I didn't know what to do with it. Then the light bulb went on - I bought a plastic folder from Fisher Hawaii and created something similar to a scrapbook page using this large HK head, it turned out pretty good. This folder was neat because you can slip the page right in the front pocket.
I also wanted to show you that the adhesive craft paper is not only for cutting using the cricut. You can also use it with Sizzix dies. I cut out a couple of the daisies and it came out perfect! Here's how the page slides into the front of the folder.
A close up of the flower...
All other DSP are by SU except for the glitter DP I used to cut out Emiko's name. I used my Frankie Quickutz dies to cut out the name and my Martha Stewart heart border punch.
I hope to post another HK project tomorrow! I'm excited that so many island girls have said that they went down to Fisher Hawaii to buy this 3M craft paper. You will have alot of fun using this new craft paper. Having the adhesive on it is so convenient. I'm hoping to see some amazing projects soon in blogland! Happy Thursday!

10 comments:

Brenda said...

I love the folder! Your HK projects are way too cute! Love them all! Thanks for the ideas Teri!

1LuvnMama said...

Teri,
I'm luvn all your HK creations! Keep em coming! ;)

joni h said...

Fisher better give you a commission for all the advertising that you're doing for them!
hey, thanks for the page! hee-hee..that's my middle name too!
Thanks for all the great ideas!!

Joy said...

this came out so cute! I know Alice's grand daughter will love it! love that idea to cut letters with the glittered paper! love the flowers and the DP used! so talented you are! love all of it! I need to get a move on tonight and tomorrow and get my creations cranking! thanks again for doing those chairs. I will get you one more!

mst822 said...

Your HK folder project is adorable Teri! Luv all your HK projects! Please keep them coming, I look foward to see what else you'll be creating! TFS!
Tammy

Unknown said...

I lvoe seeing HK porjects! Too cute!

eunice said...

Absolutely adorable! Very cool folder...from Fisher, too?

Jodi said...

This is a cute folder Teri! Love the HK and 3M paper too!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

jazzaiea said...

hi teri! i love everything you create! such a wonderful idea! thanks for sharing!

Rita said...

Too cute, luv the idea with the letters, looks awesome!