Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Second project from the workshop

My hostess requested that we make a girly giftcard holder, so of course, I chose to work with the color pink. I used Melon Mambo and Pretty in Pink cardstock for the main parts of the card. I had to feature the cute owl from the set Fox and Friends (#118565 cling, #117020 wood). This set is one that SU offers you to purchase them in either cling or wood mounted. I bought the cling set. The sentiment is from a set called Hugs & Wishes, which I just realized is not in the current catalog (sorry!)The DSP used was a scrap piece from the Sending Love Specialty set. I love the glitter on one side of the DSP. It's so popular that it is on backorder!! So if you ordered this paper from me, SU expects to ship starting early March, eeks! I also used the Pretty in Pink 5/8" satin ribbon. I love satin ribbon! And last but not least, I used the fun Scallop Trim Border punch on an old olive cardstock strip. This cute border punch can be yours FREE with a $50 qualifying order during our sale-a-bration promotion!
Here is what the inside of the giftcard holder looks like:
Simple to make. Cut your cardstock 4 1/4" X 11". Score 1" and 6" and that's it! I'd secure the little pocket for the gift card with brads on each side so it won't pop open (when using adhesive).
Thanks for visiting today!

6 comments:

Risa said...

Your gift holder card is beautiful Teri!
hugs
Risa:)
p.s. I have something for you on my blog:)

donna mikasa said...

A very girly gift card holder! Love the pinks and greens!

1LuvnMama said...

Fun, fun, fun projects you've been making yourself Teri! :) I luv your creations too! Have a great week!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS!!

Jenny V. said...

Adorable image, I just love owls. Great colors. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Cheryl said...

Cute gift card holder!!! I love how you used the pink and green.