Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Helping the Easter Bunny

Been hunting for an idea for Easter baskets and saw many, many great ideas. So I had some grand plans to make one that used the scalloped circle die. I made one and it turned out "okay"...as crafters, sometimes projects don't always turn out in a way that satisfys you, am I right? Well that's what happened to me. After sifting through all of my dies and supplies, I finally came up with this basket. This basket uses the Fancy Favor XL Sizzix die as the basket part. This is one die that I've made countless favors with and they all looked different by the way I embellished it. I also used the scalloped trim punch (still available for FREE with a qualifying order during our sale-a-bration promotion - hurry! sale ends on March 31st!) and the jumbo eyelets. Haven't used those in a while. Of course, the scalloped circle die and Sweet Pea felt flowers...I still have lots left in my package even after making all of those projects and cards. The beautiful sentiment is from a set called Well Scripted and I punched it out using the wide oval punch. Had to add some color to the sentiment oval, so used a few pink bling (sorrym, not SU). Here's a side view of the basket so you can have a better view of the handle.
Here's the close up of the sentiment oval and the felt flowers.
Thanks for stopping in today. I'm off to see some friends today and tonight is family pizza night - yay! I get a break from cooking! Hopefully, I will have the time to select the winners of the blog candy...are you excited?? Enjoy your Saturday!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job, Teri, on your cute Easter basket. That box is certainly versatile and I love the sentiment design - gotta go get it before it's too late.

Michele said...

Hi Teri,
I love your Easter basket...so cute!
Hugs,
Michele

Brenda said...

what a cute basket! love the way you used the sweet pea stitched felt!

Sheree said...

the basket is so cute. the sweet pea flowers are really nice.

Colleen said...

What a cute basket. The sweet pea flowers add a special touch to it.
I hope that you had a good time hanging out with your friends today and will have a great pizza night with your family.

Risa said...

Your basket is too cute for words Teri! I totally love everything about it!
hugs
Risa:)

Rita said...

So adorable Teri, I luv it! I can't believe Easter is next week already! Hugs to you my friend!

Gina Wrona said...

Aloha Teri,

Such a cute basket! Love those felt flowers too!

Hugs,
Gina

Joy said...

so cute! I love my basket and all the time and effort you put into it to make it just so sweet! so glad we got to get together this weekend! I had a blast. can't wait to do this again! TTYL!

Elena said...

Love your Easter projects! Keep on creating...TFS!