Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August OCS

It feels like forever since I've blogged. I have been busier than busy taking care of sick family. My son ended up staying home the whole week, but thank goodness I was able to go to work for a couple of days last week and now Dad is under the weather. Being sick on the weekend is nerve wrecking for me because as a caregiver, you have to find alternatives. I took Dad to urgent care just to get him checked out and get some meds and I totally didn't think that taking a dose of cough medicine with codeine was going to throw Dad for a loop, but now I know...It was an experience in more ways than one. Dealing with the unexpected is so draining for me and all I can do after all the ordeal is to sit down and have a good cry. Anyway, enough drama about me!

Today, I wanted to share with you my card for the August one card swap. Linda, who is the organizer for this monthly card swap, has asked us to make our card using an Asian theme. I almost forgot! I got this fun image from Tiddly Inks and her name is Chi. I had so much fun coloring her and making this card and I hope my partner KaRen likes it!
Here's the inside of the card. The symbol on the front (happiness) and the sentiment inside of the card (thank you) is from a Hero Arts clear stamp set. Pearl embellishments is by SU. I also wanted to share the beautiful sunflowers my Dad grew in the front yard. They are so cheery and happy! Here's a really close up shot of the flower.
These flowers are not too large and guess where he got the seeds from? The wild bird seed mix...he picked out the sunflower seeds and stuck them in the ground.
Here's the patch.
I want to thank you all for your continued love and support and for still coming to my blog and leaving me comments. I'm working on finding my balance and will try to post as much as time will allow so I can share some creative ideas with you!

18 comments:

Dena said...

Hi, Teri: So sorry about your Dad. I worked p/t as a nurse aide for a little while, so I know that caring for someone else can really take a toll on you. Even if it's a good cry, it's important that you have some sort of "release". Don't ever feel bad about that. We all need it from time to time. Hope your son is feeling better. You hang in there.

{{{HUGS}}}
Dena

Unknown said...

Hi Teri! Hope your son gets well very soon, also hope your dad feels better. The flowers are so beautiful! You are such a good mom and daughter. I agree with Dena it is important to express your feelings, sometimes by crying. I totally feel related, last year my dad had an accident, he has several surgeries and I know it's not easy taking care of someone and manage other things in life. But the support from our love ones give us strength, now my dad is healthier every day. If you need something my dear friend let me know. Your card is so pretty. Love the image. Big hugs :)

joni h said...

Sorry to hear that you had a rough week! Hope everyone is on the mend including you! LOVE your flowers! Mandi will be so jealous! I'll have to drive by your house to show her the flowers. They're so beautiful!

Jo said...

Hey Teri,
Hang in there!!! Life throws you lemons- make lemonade!!! Love the beautiful sunflowers :)

Allison Rankin said...

Love the Asiatic feel of your card today Teri! Have a good one!

Happy Honu said...

Teri: Sending you much love and blessings to your whole family, especially your dad. I remember him telling me about the sunflowers, and we drove by, and I saw they were blooming, very beautiful. Love the card and now I can come and borrow your Asian stash of stamps ;). Thanks for sharing your struggles, we are here to listen, and you are not alone--Myra

ShaniKulani said...

Dont worry, everyone needs a moment for themselves. Hope your dad is feeling better. Hugs and blessings to your fam. And your dads sunflower patch is beautiful!! hang in there and I hope your week gets better..take care :)

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is darling! I hope everyone gets better soon!

Arielle said...

Don't worry. This too shall pass...or at least that's what I tell myself in these situations. :) I love the flowers. Your Dad grows the best plants.

Brenda said...

I sure do hope that your Dad and son feels better soon! If you ever (and I mean ever) need anything, just let me know! I'm always here for you! BTW: your OCS card is beautfiul and Karen will surely love it!

Janis said...

Uh-oh...hope that your dad & son feels better soon. I love the sunflower patch!! It's so cheery!!

Joy said...

WOW! as often as I go to your house...how come I don't see these beautiful sunflowers? they are the bomb! love your card for your OCS partner. she will love it! hope you are doing good and that your dad is feeling better. take it easy and hope to see you soon!

Kyoko said...

Wow I am very impressed with your Asian card and your OCS partner will be thrilled to get it!

Hope Nolan and Dad are feeling better ... boy you got all men in your household so I KNOW how you must have to deal with them when they are feeling under the weather ... sigh...

Those sunflowers are such pretty & happy flowers - VERY PRETTY!

Take Care & Huggies,
Kyoko

mst822 said...

Luv your Asian themed card! Super cute image! Sorry to hear that you had such a rough week. I truly hope Nolan & your Dad gets better soon, so you can take it easy. Gosh, those sunflowers are gorgeous! They certainly are cheerful! Take care.
Tammy

donna mikasa said...

Hi Teri! Love your card and the Chi image! I love how you decorate the inside of your cards, too! Do take care of your family AND yourself! Caregivers need care, too!
Hugs to you!

Cami said...

Hi Teri! I hope Nolan and your Dad are getting better each day. I know how hard it is to take care of everyone around you that sometimes you forget to take care of yourself...but please do. It was good to cry it out and get some load off your shoulders and I hope you feel better also.
Your Asian OCS card is beautiful! So graceful and you did the inside beautifully! Your Dad's sunflowers are so pretty and cheerful! I'd better tell hubby to go dig out the sunflower seeds from his bird feed bag too! Take care and don't rush things okay Teri? Hugs and Love, Cami

Tammi said...

Hugs for all the sickness you've been dealing with Teri!! Your card is beautiful and so are those flowers, wow, so vibrant! Love how your dad got the seeds!

Jodi said...

Wowers Teri!! First, I love the pretty sunflowers that grandpa has been growing, they are gorgeous and will surely brighten anyone's day!
Your asian card is just too cute, I know your swap partner will adore it!
Hope you are doing well!
Hugs
Jodi =)