Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy Birthday HOPE Probation and more garden photos

Happy weekend everyone! I'm so glad that it's Saturday! I've gotten so used to 4 day work weeks because of our furloughs, it's tough being at work on a Friday! Today, I'd like to share with you something that I made for one of my bosses' husband, who is a Judge here at First Circuit Court. Judge Alm started a program called HOPE Probation. HOPE is Hawaii's Opportunity Probation with Enforcement. You can read about it HERE. HOPE celebrated their 6th birthday yesterday (October 1st) and I was asked by Judge Alm if I could make some sort of label to go on boxes of pastries (actually Cocoa Puffs from Liliha Bakery - yumm!). My brain instantly went into create mode and I had a good idea what I wanted my label to look like and this is the finished label. Close up of the candles. Do you remember this die? It's a Quickutz candle! Thanks to my niece, Jodi, for helping me cut out 36 candles and flames!

I cut out the sentiment using a nesties die - labels eight. All cardstock by SU and die is the Quickutz candle.

I made a cute little tea light cake for the Judge to keep on his desk too. I didn't make this cake for quite some time I thought I would forget how to make one! Once I started, it all came back. What do you think? I'm pleased with the way these projects turned out considering I only had one night to do it all.

Since I've been spending alot of time in the yard, I thought I would take some photos of some of the beauty. Here's a waterlily...
While weeding, I discovered a squash!
some ferns...
and comfrey (sp??) tea...
I hope you all have a relaxing Saturday. Getting ready to put the tag kits together tonight!
Thanks so much for coming by for a visit today. Mahalo for all of the nice comments you all leave for me. It really brightens up my day to read them all - I do appreciate every one of them! I'll be sharing my tags from the Tag Swap tomorrow!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Cool beans! I'm sure Judge was very pleased with everything! Great job and see you soon! Hugs!

Michele said...

What great labels you made...I like the way you added bling to the flames! And of course, your tea light cake is awesome! I know the Judge appreciated all of your hard work!

kraftkat said...

Great job on your project and tea light. Great garden shots, too. Glad to see that your mojo is doing just fine. Thanks for sharing.

Chrisd said...

What a great project you created. And thanks for sending out some warmth with your beautiful garden photos as it is 42 degrees this am in Michigan.

Brenda said...

beautiful garden pictures and i love the HOPE tags that you designed!