Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mini "pizza box"

Hello! Here's my mini tutorial to show you how to make this cute, cute, cute! pizza box. I got this super idea from my GF Cheryl (Thanks, Cheryl!)

This box was featured in my April class along with those five 3X3 cards. Those five cards (with envelopes) fit inside of this little box. I wanted to use up my wide twill tape and the idea of using it on this box sounded like a good one. We stamped on the twill tape using Staz on ink in Timber Brown. The tag and ribbon on this sample actually changed for the kit so if you ordered a kit, your ribbon is chocolate brown and so is the cardstock. The chocolate chip cardstock was stamped using the stamp set Friendly Flowers using vanilla craft ink. Mother's Day sentiment came from the All Holidays set. Here's what the finished box looked like (top view).

I don't feel comfortable doing tutorials because doing them takes me 4-evah and I'm not so skilled like some of you gals out there, so no laugh, k? Can you see the instructions I wrote on the picture? I can't! Cardstock size 6" X 11" Stamp as desired and score 1", 5", 6" and 10". Turn paper and score 1" on each long end.
Crease on all of the scored lines. Using a score tool is helpful.
Cut along the scored lines only up to the fold as shown below. You will be making 4 cuts on each long side.

Put adhesive on each of the tabs as shown.

Adhere the taped areas as shown below. Note: for the cover of the box, you will only need to adhere 2 tabs. You will adhere 4 tabs for the bottom of the box. It's easier to understand when you're actually making the box. Just reading these instructions confuse even me!

Here's a side view of what your finished pizza box looks like. I guess it's called pizza box cuz it looks like one! You give it a try! I'd love to see what you make, so send me a link to your project!


I have so many things to post. Thanks to those who sent me RAKS! I can't wait to share. It's almost Friday! Let's get through this Thursday... thanks for looking today!! Many hugs to you :)

11 comments:

Gina Wrona said...

Aloha Teri,

SSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWEEETTTTTTTTTTT!

I've got to try this one day, but for now, I'll print a copy to case later and come back to your blog.

Mahalo!!
(hugs)
Gina

Risa said...

Your Pizza Box is too cool Teri!
Your choice of background stamp is so pretty. I'm going to try to make this box tonight, I hope it turns out as pretty as yours.
malieta:)

Rita said...

Wow Teri, I luv this box! I'll have to give it a try, you did great with the tutorial, very easy to follow! You can fit 3x3 cards in this box? It's a great gift to give someone who doesn't make cards, thanks for sharing!

Cheryl said...

You did a great job with the tutorial!!! Love it!

Jodie said...

love it... I made some..your tutorial was so easy to follow.

Allison Rankin said...

This rocks Teri! I love the tut but I love your creation even better! A great gift box I will remember for the future!

Bunny B said...

Aloha Teri! I love it! Great tutorial! Thanks for your effort!!
x

Little C's Creations said...

very cute creation, and great job on your tutorial... see you're getting a hang of it, and doing just fine!!! =0)

love the box, thanks for the idea!!

hugs,
Jen

Elaine said...

That is such a rockin box! How fun!

Allison Rankin said...

Hey Teri...I did it!

http://stampinwhenican.blogspot.com/2008/05/grandmas-gift.html

Lisa Montsion said...

I love this box. It's super cute.

Lisa