Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

By Special Request

Tonight is a blustery night, strong winds and rain...this is Hawaii's version of winter! I was crossing my fingers because I didn't want to lose my post if the electricity went "blink!" Here we go with my gift card holder tutorial. Bear in mind that this is the amateur version! The measurements were requested by Snowie (don't know who you are!) and Cheryl M. (here's your tutorial, so you better get going and make one of these babies! - haha!) I'm not big into tutorials for a couple of reasons...I'm not good at these things and I don't have alot of time to compose these like others...but here's my amateur attempt:
Here's a pic of the supplies that we will be using (I've noted the measurements as we go along)











Cut a 8 1/2 X 11 old olive CS in half lengthwise so that you have two pieces measuring 4 1/4 X 11. Score one of the pieces 2 3/4 on each end so that it looks like this:


You can score the lines with a ruler and stylus or if you have a Scor-Pal, use the measurements like you're making a gatefold card.
Using a small corner rounder, scallop the edges. Then, to make the scalloped edge "stand out", I used a 1" X 4 1/4" strip of real red cardstock so you can see the scallop. Using your adhesive, apply two rolls (side by side) of adhesive (if you are using a 1/4" adhesive). You want to leave open only the width of the gift card otherwise it will slide around and fall out!

I Embellish the pocket using the mega scalloped oval punch using real red cardstock and the super jumbo oval punch using vanilla cardstock. Stamp your sentiment and add your bling. For the front cover, I cut a piece of DS Dashing paper 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" and a strip 2" X 5 1/2". 5/8" grosgrain ribbon to go around the band and tie a knot.
Embellish with the mega scalloped rectangle punch using real red cardstock and super jumbo rectangle punch using vanilla cardstock and stamp your sentiment (I used Merry Christmas from the All Holidays stamp set).


Here's the assembly of the front cover: the olive CS goes on one side of that flap and the front cover goes on, oh!, the front! You will be sandwiching that little flap in between the front cover and the old olive cardstock. Confused? Email me!
Not too bad huh? I'm planning to make a bunch and put them in the translucent envelopes! Thanks for stopping by and bearing with my simple tutorial. Now you know why I don't do too many!! Oh, the photos were taken courtesy of my son, Nolan. He wanted to be sure I gave him credit - ha! I don't know how you ladies take pictures of your projects while you do the projects, is there a trick?? Let me know how you all like this tutorial and if you decide to give this card a whirl, don't forget to email me a pic of it or comment with your link. I'd love to post them for all to see!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great tutorial - gotta try it - thanks for sharing and thanks to Nolan for the pics.

corinnesomerville said...

Teri...this is amazing !!!! Great tutorial and thank you so much for taking the time to do this...especially when you are so busy !!

Big Hugs
Corinne

Snowie said...

Teri,
Thank you so much. The tutorial is great!

Cheryl said...

Well, now I'm gonna have to make it. I was without internet all day because of this bad weather. Thanks for sharing and I'll show you what I made later.

Anonymous said...

Good Job Teri...I love making that card and because you couldn't find the old tutorial...now there is a new one!!! I love it! thanks for always sharing =)

Snowie said...

Thank you so much Teri.

Simonne said...

Hi! You do unique things! I have no words to express my appreciation that I had the chance to see your beautiful world of art! I'll follow you! Wish you good luck and a lot of smiles! :)