Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Photo graduation party favors

I made these cute photo graduation party favors a couple of years ago for one of my bestest girlfriends' son who graduated from high school. They call this the "sour cream" container and I guess sour cream used to come in containers like this? Anyway, I've been getting emails on how I made these cute party favors so thought I would do a simple tutorial. FYI, there is a tutorial on splitcoast stampers, but they use cardstock. I first learned how to make this favor at a SU stamp camp (out of paper) and then again at Photocraft, a local craft store here, where Brian created a neat template to make this favor. He used a photo to make the favor which I thought was a really cool idea. I did buy the template, but after having to make so many, figured out that it was easier for me to not use the template. Here's my take on the easy peasy or quick & dirty tut...you will need a 4X6 photo, adhesive (something strong like scor-tape or sticky strip) and a paper crimper.
Step 1: start with a 4X6 photo and put adhesive on all edges on the back of the photo. Step 2: bring the two 4" edges together like this and adhere as shown. One edge will overlap so that it can stick to the other edge.
Step 3: press down on the top of the favor so it will adhere on the top. It should now look like this:
Another view of how it should look like. This would be the time that you add candy or whatever you are going to put inside of your favor.
Step 4: now squeeze the photo as shown so it will adhere the opposite direction of the top.
Step 5: put the sealed top of the favor through the paper crimper and give it a couple of turns. The crimper will double seal the favor.
This is what it will look like after you crimp it.
Step 6: crimp the other end and now your favor is done and should look like this!
That's it! Wasn't that easy?? Give it a try and have fun! Feel free to email me with any questions. I hope this will help explain how to make this cute and easy party favor. Mahalo for requesting this tutorial and thanks for coming by today!

13 comments:

Jodi said...

Awww, so cute!! These are so much fun and how cute that you did one with Mochiko! =) Awesome creation as always!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Marisa said...

Very Cool Teri!! So that's how you get creased edges, paper crimper! Gotta get one of those!! Have a great day!! :)

Allison Rankin said...

Oh no...that cat is back! Ha ha!

Super cute favor bag. That cat needs his own blog!

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

too cool Teri what a cute idea...have a great holiday

Sheree said...

Hey that's easier than using the template....cute that you used a Mochiko pic as the sample :)

Kyoko said...

Thanks for the tutorial Teri! Look at Mochiko the star! TFS!

eunice said...

Love these! I made a bunch of these a couple years ago when Brian first came out with the template, but found that they kept opening up a few days later. Scor tape is best? What width did you use?

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Great idea Teri, such a great tutorial.Hugs Nikki x

corinnesomerville said...

What a fantastic idea to use photos for this box......you're a genius !!!

Big Hugs To My Island Buddy !!!!

Risa said...

What a great idea, your favors are too cute Teri! You are so creative!!
hugs
Risa:)

Swedie said...

What a fun idea! So creative!

Swedie

Lisa Montsion said...

Love this. Extremely cute project.

Lisa

Kim Stewart said...

It's a great idea.Thank you for sharing such relevant topic with us. I really love all the great stuff you provide. Favorcreations.com offers a large variety of personalized graduation party favors for your child that have recently graduated from school or college.