Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Simple Card Holder Tutorial

When I posted this cute card holder that my GF Lynnelle made for me, I got a bunch of emails asking for measurements and more info on how to make this cuz it's so cute! Thanks again, Lynnelle, for this really neat card holder and for the inspiration!!Since Lynnelle was not available over the long weekend to get any measurements from, I decided to try and figure it out. Here's my take on the card holder. I made it a little smaller to fit the standard card size cards.
Love this SU speciality DSP. This one is called Parisian Breeze. Oh, speaking of DSP, it's only a couple more days, but I totally forgot to mention that SU is having a DSP special...buy 3 packs and get one FREE! We like free, right? If you are interested in catching this awesome deal, you can click onto my SU website to place your order :)
Okay...on to the tutorial...for the box, you will need one piece of cardstock cut at 8" X 10 1/2". Score one inch on both sides, turn the cardstock and score at 4 3/4" and 5 3/4".
Cut as shown and set aside.
Adhere sides in place.

Attach a jumbo eyelet on each side. Insert ribbon. Length depending on how long you want the handle. (Sorry, I forgot to take a pic of the ribbon being put in).
Now to make the cover. you will need a piece of DP 6" X 8 1/2". Score at 2 3/4" and 3 3/4". Corner round the corners as shown.
Add adhesive to the backside of the cover, on the bottom only!
Adhere to the box as shown.
It should look like this. (Mine is missing the ribbon here). You are done! Embellish as desired. Wasn't that easy??!! Hope this inspires you to try making one!
Here's the finished cardholder again...I used my Sizzix butterfuly die and the stamp set is called Simple Friendship.
Thanks for coming by for a visit today. It's been a busy week so far. I have a couple of raks to share soon and some creations using some new stamps that I received in my rak!! Have a wonderful day!

18 comments:

Denise said...

Wow, Teri these are awesome, thanks for the tutorial! I will try one this weekend.

Jenny V. said...

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to try this. Great job and love the colors you use.

Jenny

Saskia said...

Lovely!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

Saskia :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Teri for sharing the tutorial! :)

Jodi said...

This is a cute card holder! I will have to give it a try sometime. I really love that paper from SU too!
So nice talking with you yesterday! It's been so long... let's shoot for June!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Unknown said...

Hi Teri! Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial! This is such a great idea and it looks simple to do! =)

Islander Girl said...

Oooh this is so cute! I gotta make this! Thanks for the tutorial!!!!

Sent you the images, let me know when you get them.

Kyoko said...

Love your cardholder! Your tutorial is right on as usual. I have so many projects I want to do...

Risa said...

Your card holder purses are too cute Teri!
hugs
Risa:)

Allison Rankin said...

Oh! I will definitely be making this one! You rock (love the DP too!).

Enjoli said...

Very cute RAK you recieved and the one you made too. Thanks for the tutorial. I'm always looking for little holders and I will definitely have to try this one! =)
Hugs,
Enjoli

Kristin said...

I love it, how darling! Thank you for the tutorial!

Unknown said...

I linked to this cute post in my Friday Favorites.

Linda said...

Ok, how slow am I? I finally found this toot and am going to try it tonight. Thanks for sharing, Sweetie! xoxo, Linda

Julie said...

This is just adorable! Thank you so much for sharing the instructions -- I am definitely going to be trying this one! (And will credit you.) Your blog is beautiful -- you do such lovely work! And I love Hello Kitty too. :) I actually just posted an HK project today, here.

Michele said...

Okay, I'm new to the craft blogging world so I just stumbled across your tutorial today! I followed your steps and successfully created my very first card holder(http://mlhsimplecrafts.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-simple-card-holder.html)! Thanks for such great tutorials!

Mary Bennett said...

Hi Teri,
I am Mary Bennett
7321 S Blue Sage
Punta Gorda, Florida 33955-1107.
rbennett993@embarqmail.com
That is for your next RAK can you tell me when it will be?
Thank you very kindly,

babar said...

The one thing that i don't understand why all designer used butterfly for their cards.kindly answer my question.
loyalty card printing
PVC cards