Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Monday, June 29, 2009

Cute lil' holder and a tutorial for it!

This idea popped in my head one day as I was looking to make something cute to hold the photo CD I was giving to Cheryl after we went out to her bday lunch. I know it might sound silly to want to make something just for a CD, but you know me! Here's what I came up with for Cheryl's CD. I used the leftover DP from her card and one of the Ketto images that I had on hand already colored!
Ooh! Also want to share with you the really awesome stamp set I bought from my GF Jean who is a CTMH (Close to my Heart) consultant. Don't you just love the words in this set?? I used Captured Moments for Cheryl's bday photo CD; pretty perfect for the occasion. To order this really awesome stamp set, you can contact Jean HERE...
I loved this CD holder so much (because it was super easy to make!) I made another one to send to my GF Michelle. Here's the one I made for Michelle.
Love this Greetings Farm image, I think her name is Dahlia? The sentiment is a Hero Arts clear stamp and the bling is also from a Hero Arts mini stamp set that came with this flower bling!
Because this holder is so easy to make, I want to share how to make it with you!

Start with a piece of cardstock 6 1/2" X 11". Score 1/2" from each side (portrait), turn the CS and score at 5 1/4" and 5 3/4" (landscape).
Make small cuts just up to the 1/2" score line as shown on both sides. Sorry my photo is using a different colored CS. I forgot to take a pic of this step when I was making the yellow holder...
Place adhesive as shown.
Adhere the sides.
It should look like this when you adhere both sides.
For the cover, cut a piece of DP 5" X 5 1/2". Score at 3 1/2" and 4".
Add adhesive to the small flap as shown.
Adhere to box.
Put a strip of adhesive on the inside of the flap.
Add a piece of ribbon over the adhesive to make a handle.
Then, add a small piece of velcro. Here I added the image on a circle so I placed the velcro on the circle.
Fold the cover closed so that the other portion of the velcro sticks to the box.
That's it! You can make this box any size by following the same instructions with smaller cardstock.
Here's the close-up of the image...
Thanks for sitting through my tutorial! I hope some of you will try it out. These little boxes make great holders for little treats! It's the start of a new week! Short week for me - 4th of July celebration at the end of the week, so we have Friday off...

21 comments:

Fay said...

What a great idea! Thanks for the easy-to-follow tutorial!!

Linda said...

Hi Teri! I love this idea! Thanks for the tutorial and EVERYTHING else! Drool ...

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

love your tutorial..mahalo...have a great 4th of July...

joni h said...

Thanks, Teri! Creative as usual! Awesome tutorial. Easy to follow. You're the best!

Rita said...

Oh Teri these are adorable & looks so easy! I'll have to give it a try for Christmas gifts, thanks for taking the time to do a tutorial!

Kyoko said...

OMG WOMAN! These CD holders are to die for. Thanks for the tutorial and I will definitely be making some! Thanks Teri Girl!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tutorial, which pics too, Teri.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh o fun and darling, what a great project!!!

Cheryl said...

I love my leopard holder!!! Thanks for the tutorial and now I can make some holders too.

Islander Girl said...

Oh so cute Teri!!! Thanks so much for the tutorial, I think I'll try to make this tonight if I have time!

Aloha!
Claudette

PS yeah it was a good thing you ordered your Sweetie last week! lol!

Jamee said...

thanks for sharing the tutorial! im sure my mom will be making some when we get back from our trip!

Elena said...

Thanks for the tutorial! So creative....I want to try and make it when I get the chance after finishing the favors that I'm still working on.

I still have to work on a tutorial for the milk carton that you were asking about. I will send it to you as soon as I can.
Thanks...Elena

Elena said...

Thanks for the tutorial! So creative....I want to try and make it when I get the chance after finishing the favors that I'm still working on.

I still have to work on a tutorial for the milk carton that you were asking about. I will send it to you as soon as I can.
Thanks...Elena

Risa said...

You are a genius Teri! Your CD holder is awesome and the GF image is super duper cute! Thanks for sharing another fab tutorial..you are awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Thanks so much for th tutorial, Teri!

eunice said...

What a sweet idea for a CD holder! Really like how you added the handle and flap to make it look like a purse...so creative! Thank you for tutorial...can't wait to try!

Little C's Creations said...

Great Tut, sister!!!

Hugs,
Jen

Little C's Creations said...

PS >> I added this to the tutorial blog.

hugs,
jen

Jodi said...

What an awesome tutorial Teri!! Looks like something I will have to try out!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Tammy said...

Great tutorial Teri!
I can't wait to give it a try!

Cami said...

Great tutorial, Teri! Love the two CD boxes you made and that Dahlia is so cute! Thanks for always sharing your tuts! Have a wonderful week. Cami