Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

For Sweet Baby Avery

I'm so behind in making my little gifts that I really meant to do sooner, but it is what it is and I am late! Some of you might know Allison from Stampin' When I Can, I started visiting her over a year ago because in addition to her inspiration, her blog is loaded with links to many other bloggers out there!! (Thanks Allison!) Well, Allison recently gave birth to baby number three and I wanted to make a special gift for Baby Avery. I decided to stamp some onesies I picked up from Ross and stamped on them. Here's a view of the onesies after I stamped them... Then, I had to wrap it up! I made this really cool holder following a tutorial created by Andrea Walford, such a talented SU demonstrator. You must visit her blog if you haven't already. I truly admire her work! To see the tutorial for this project, click HERE. I made this back in January, and didn't know what I was going to do with it, but it was such a cute idea, I just had to! I guess it was meant to be used to wrap up this baby gift, because it was perfect! I just finished it off with the decorating of the front and the sentiment inside.
Here's a view of the inside. It only fit 2 of the 3 onsies. I wrapped each onsie with some tulle and tied it up with satin ribbon.
A closer look at the sentiment. I love the new scallop oval punch that will be available for purchase come April 1st!
And, here is a side view.
Supplies:
Stamps: Nursery Necessities
Cardstock: Pixie Pink, chocolate chip, DP Sweet Always
Inks: Pixie pink, real red, black, sahara sand
Accessories: circle nesties, stitched ribbon (by papertrey), scallop edge punch, scallop oval punch, large oval punch, wide oval punch, rhinestone, regal rose grosgrain ribbon, satin ribbon, lavendar tulle
I was so excited when I finished this gift that I couldn't wait to share this. I haven't even mailed it out yet, so now I ruined the surprise, but that's okay Allison...now you know I really made a gift like I said I was going to. Sorry so late!!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the onesies you personalized for Allison - they are so special. Andrea is wonder woman - I'm amazed with all of the things she manages to do - business, family etc. - just like you, Teri.

Angie said...

This is adorable! I have stamped on onesies, but it never comes out so great, I think I use the wrong ink. I love Andrea's blog too, she's very inspirational, just like you!

Ethan Mashimo said...

cute onesies -- what ink did you use???

Tina

~amy~ said...

WOW!!! What a fabulous gift!!! She's going to love it...sooo very sweet of you!

Allison Rankin said...

Gorgeous! Ave is still so little that she will be able to wear these for a long time...I love the idea that they are personalized! I am gonna send DH the link...he will be tickled!

Doramiyi said...

WOW, we I got to your fourth picture and when I saw the CK logo, I though I had read wrong 'that you stamped the onesies'. I had to rewind and look again at all the pictures from the beginning.

The onesies turned out SO good, actually looks like the can be manufactured by CK. You are so talented. The box goes awesome with them too. I'm sure your girlfriend would LOVE them. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

doramiyi
doramiyi at gmail dot com
-CANADA-

Kyoko said...

The onsies are soooo cute!! I love the idea of the box and can't wait to try making it. I don't know where all your ideas come from but am so happy that you share them. THANKS!

Rita said...

OMGosh Teri, this is AMAZINGLY beautiful & what a brilliant idea!!! I luv it & Allison is going to be over the top happy to get this for Avery! Way to go girl!!!

Islander Girl said...

Oh wow! I love this project!!! From the onsie to the container!!! You did an awesome job!!! I'm gonna check out the tutorial!!! BTW, I love the name she chose...AVERY!!!!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Teri, this is soooo cute! Did you bleach for the onesies? I think I have to make this box now, lol!

lynn said...

Soooo darling. Great job Teri, thanks for sharing, can't wait to try it.

Colleen said...

The onsies are so cute. You did a great job. The box that you put them in makes the gift and even more special one.

Jenny V. said...

The onesies are so adorable. You seem show me how you did those onesies. Thanks for the tutorial can't wait to give it a try. You did an amazing job, as always.

Jenny

Maureen said...

The onesies are adorable and I love the packaging too!

Risa said...

You totally rock Teri! Your gift to Avery is beautiful...the tiny T-shirts are so cute and I love your presentation! I told you that you are the queen when it comes to making beautiful boxes!!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Gina Wrona said...

Aloha!

Teri, what a beautiful & thoughtful gift you made. Allison is one lucky momma!

Hugs,
Gina