Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sharing the recipes...

By request, here are recipes for the blondie brownies and the snickers cookies that I put in my treat boxes this christmas. The first recipe is from this awesome cookbook (local book) that I got from my friend who typed the recipes and organized the whole thing to raise funds for the Kamehameha Schools Children's Chorus. Can you believe that they sold over 6,000 of these books?? Anyway, her children used to be in the chorus, in fact, that year, their group was the group that sang on the soundtrack for the movie Lilo and Stitch! Anyway, I am sharing a shot of the cover of the cookbook as the drawings of the 3 children character was drawn by yours truly. I used to hand paint t-shirts for about ten years as a business but finally gave up when I discovered stamping and scrapping! Here's the recipe for Kamehameha Schools' Haole Brownies (blondie brownies - no chocolate but just as yummy!)
2 1/2 sticks butter (10 oz)
2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
7 medium eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 level Tablespoons double-acting baking powder
1 1/2 cups chopped macadamia nuts (or nuts of your choice)
Cream together butter, sugars and salt. Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix until creamy. Add flour and baking powder. Use a countertop electric mixer to mix on low for 30 seconds or use a wooden spoon to incorporate. (A hand-held mixer may not be powerful enough for this heavy batter). My own personal note: my hand mixer works just fine!
Scrape down sides of bowl and add nuts. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes of by spoon for 4 minutes. Spray two 13X9X2 inch pans with 2 seconds each using non-stick cooking spray.
Divide mixture evenly into pans. Place pans on the bottom oven rack and bake for 35 minutes at 400 degrees. My own personal note: my oven must be hot because the brownies are done in just 25 minutes. Be sure you check on the brownies when you start to smell the wonderful aroma because it will burn! I've burnt a pan and was super bummed!!
Cool completely before cutting and enjoy!! This recipe makes 2 pans so it is alot!!

The second recipe is for SNICKERS COOKIES and I found the recipe on cooks.com My sister made this last year and Nolan loved it so much, he asked me to make them this year. Candy isn't cheap anymore, so if it works better to buy the full size bars and cut them, it might cost less than the bag of minis.
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 (16 oz.) pkg. snickers bars, miniature size or full size bars, cut into pieces
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3 cups flour
2 eggs, beaten
Cream together sugar, brown sugar, butter and peanut butter. Add vanilla and eggs; mix. Add dry ingredients. Roll dough into balls and flatten. Add a mini snickers square in the middle of dough and gently wrap dough around candy. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 300 degrees for 12 - 18 minutes or until golden brown. The cookies come out pretty large. Cool on rack and store in air tight container (these are soft cookies).
Enjoy! Happy baking!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Teri, three posts in one day - are you done? You should have combined your talent for drawing with stamping and come out with your own line of stamps - the ones you did for the cookbook cover is so cute - think about it - I would buy them.

Islander Girl said...

ooooo! I love baking! I gotta try this out! I think I'll do that for my husband's co-workers when they get back from their holiday vacation!

Teri thanks so much for always sharing! You're too nice!

Have a safe and Happy New Year!!!
Aloha!
Claudette

Colleen said...

All of them sound yummy. You were sure hard at work in the kitchen baking. Will you be sending some my way? :)

Little C's Creations said...

Sister, I didn't get - so I don't know what taste like. Hahaha... I'm sure they were delicious, since it has chocolate in them!!! LOL!!! Thanks for the recipe tho'... I might have to make them myself, huh?

Corie said...

These sound yummy!!

Risa said...

Both recipes sound tuly delicious! TFS!!!!!

ronee said...

I..as a kamehameha graduate are so grateful that you posted this..I have been trying to get my hands on a cookbook...i am SO grateful that i stumbled onto your blog!!!
I am off to get supplies!
xoxo
ronee