Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Halloween Treat Bag

It's that time of year again! I'm talking about Halloween! For some reason, I've always loved Halloween! I was so excited to get started on some of my goodies that I'll be sharing with friends. I couldn't wait to use one of SU's new and exclusive Sizzix XL dies. This die is called Fancy Favor and it is from Shelli's signature collection. I'm still waiting for my new Halloween DP to arrive so I used last year's Halloween DP. The skull image is from the Batty for You stamp set which is still available! Scallop circle punch, 1 3/4" and 1 1/4" circle punches embellish the bag with the image.
Here's the side view. I cut a strip of black CS about 1" X 8" and fastened it to the side of the bag using our rhinestone brads.
Here's a close up of the skull image.
Thanks for coming by today! Short post, gotta run for the bus!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute Halloween bag, Teri. You're smart to start your Halloween projects now. Now I gotta go shopping too.

Kyoko said...

Hi Teri! Hey, I love this treat bag and the DP you used goes perfectly. Take Care!

Huggies,
Kyoko

Brenda said...

Cute bag. I like how you added the glitter to the scallop circle. TFS!

Unknown said...

Nice project! I like Halloween too :)

Tammy said...

Hi Teri
What a fantastic box! This will be a fun Halloween treat.

Joy said...

I love this treat bag! now I want to buy this sizzix XL die! you know I'm like Kyoko...got have it all! love how this turned out! need to start getting a move on for my Halloween too...since I have been making for Taelyn's teachers...it's catching on and now they expect to get some hand crafted things! oh my! love your creations! can you buy this die for me? thanks! have a great weekend!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Hey Teri,

This is so cute! Way to go for getting an early start. I need to get going on mine. Have those treat cups, so need to think of something for that. TTYL!

Hugs,
Michelle

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Aw, how cute! What a wonderful lil treat bag! Perfect for trick-or-treaters or decor for the house!
Love it!!!
Ooo, that will be perfect for my 5yo's Kindergarten party! :)
TFS :*)
~ margie

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so fun, awesome job.

kris said...

Love the treat bag!!! it's really nice and the DP is fabulous! TFS Teri!

Denise said...

Great favor Teri, love that die, hope Joy gets one so I can walk up the street to borrow hers! LOL I don't have a Big Shot, only the cuttlebug......maybe I need to add it to my "wish list" See you next week.
Hugs~

joni h said...

I love Halloween too! Can't decide if it's because of the candies, dressing up or the color combo. hmmm, a little of each! Love your treat bag!

MargaritaMD said...

i love halloween!! Thanks for the great idea! what a cute little bag!!

Islander Girl said...

Oooh, love how you made it squared oppose to folding in the sides! Great idea and it makes the bigger! Great idea!

Rita said...

Hey Teri...trick or treat! Heeheehee!!! I luv it! Can't wait till after the wedding so I can start playing with all my new stamps that I have not inked yet. I've been way too busy with wedding stuff to play.

Colleen said...

The scallop circles that you used around all your Halloween projects makes them look extra cute. I especailly like how you put glitter on this one.