Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tin, boxes and a bonus

This year, we made belly bands to decorate three tins (which were included in the 50 tag kit). I wanted to keep it simple but elegant. Here's what I came up with. I love the soft suede (new in color) with the tempting turquoise. Embellished it with a scallop circle in white, a 1 3/4" circle using the brushed silver specialty paper and topped it off with a snowflake (it's a punch! #116628) in tempting turquoise, ribbon and rhinestone. We also made 2 boxes featuring the specialty designer paper from the holiday mini catalog called Christmas Cocoa Specialty (#116770). I love the flocked texture on this ruby red paper. The base of each box was made with the Sahara Sand CS.
Everyone loves bonus! Attendees of my classes are usually surprised with some kind of bonus project if I can think of one by the time the class day arrives. This month, we made 5 gift enclosure cards (3X3) featuring the stamps from the Sweet Season stamp set (#116471). The sentiment is perfect for a card to be attached to a sweet treat for the holidays.
Here's what the inside looked like. The sentiment is also from the same stamp set.
Supplies: soft suede and tempting turquoise cardstock, DP from the holiday lounge paper pack and soft suede ink. Gingerbread man diecut (a non-SU item).
Thanks for coming back today for another peek! Til next year's tag class...I am thinking of cutting down the amount of tags next year, but it will still be fun! If anyone is interested, there are still a few kits left to purchase. Please email me to inquire.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So lovely projects! TFS :D

Unknown said...

Great project, Teri! I would so attend one of your classes if I live closer.
Have a great day, Teri!

kris said...

the belly bands are really cute! but i just LOVE the gingerbread man tag! that was super adorable! TFS! hugs, Kris

joni h said...

your projects are so great! where'd you get those tin containers from? I want to get my hands on some of them. Love the gingerbread man card!

Cyndi said...

very cute and wonderful projects!

Cindy Haffner said...

So so pretty, awesome work.

Risa said...

What beautiful projects! TFS!!!
hugs
Risa:)