Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Saturday, July 19, 2008

I just had to share early

a sneak peek of the star book that we'll be making this month. My sample here used Soft Sky prints pattern paper and blue bayou cardstock, but both colors will be retiring at the end of this month :( For the class, we will be using the Old Olive prints pattern paper (with the exception of tomorrow's class, we'll be using Porcelain Prints).
Here's what the book looks like when it is opened and the ends tied together to form the star shape (can you see it?) I know it looks complicated, but it really isn't. I think it took me longer to embellish the book than putting it together. I will reveal the individual pages at the end of the month when the classes are all done. I am also in the process of preparing a tutorial for this project, mainly for the gals who purchased kits but can't come t the class, but it will be posted some time in the near future!

For those of you who signed up for this class, I'll see you either tomorrow, the 20th or on the 27th. Be sure you bring your tool kit and either a scor- pal if you have one, or a cutter with a scoring blade. That would really help move the class along. Also, if you own a coluzzle circle shape and a foam mat, that would be helpful too.

It's a beautiful day in Paradise. It rained all night though. I can see the sun shining and everything outside looks so happy! Thanks for peeking in today!

9 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Your star book is amazing! I love the idea of the little suspended circles!

Jodi said...

Hey Girl! Love the star book, can't wait to make it!
See ya soon! =)

Risa said...

This is my first time ever seeing a Star Book and yours is gorgeous!!! What a fantastic design, everything about it is just awesome! I can't wait for you to post a tutorial:)

Rita said...

Beautiful Teri! Luv the colors too!

Little C's Creations said...

how exciting - this is very cute!! looks like a lil' mobile!!

hugs,
Jen

eunice said...

Wow Teri! This is really pretty. Looks like a lot of work ... wish I could be there for your class!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Teri!

So adorable! I've seen some star books, but not with the suspended images. How clever! Can't wait to see your tutorial!

mahalo for sharing!!

Gina Wrona said...

Aloha Teri,

I'm so jealous that I can't come all the way to Hawaii from MI for your class to make this awesome project.

((hugs))
Gina

Anonymous said...

Your starbook is amazing. Looks like a lot of work.