Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Update on Dad and a baby card

Yay! The sun is shining so pretty today! We were able to bring Dad home from the hospital last night! He was extremely happy because he wasn't able to get any sleep in there! Although he is feeling much better, there are still a couple more issues to take care of. Doing lab work and follow up doctor appointments. Thanks to those who emailed me positive thoughts! I could surely use them!
I forgot to thank all of the ladies who made it down to our Big Craft sale over the weekend. Although Dad was in the hospital, he told me to go ahead and have the craft sale :) It was blistering HOT that day, I think I lost 10 pounds! haha! There were tons of craft items for sale and alot was sold for awesome prices! But...since we still have loads of stuff left, we are thinking of doing a "Hana Hou" (one more time) sale...I'll announce the date when we decide!
Here's a baby card I created to help out my DL Kelly (Hi Kelly T.!) Kelly will be going to her first convention this month - yippee! Kelly had the idea for the card, but needed help making a sample. She will be tweaking this card to her own liking for one of her swaps. Have fun girl! This cute card idea came from a tutorial I borrowed from my super sweet friend, Dawn Griffith. I know I said that she was my idol before, I just have to say it again! But when I need inspiration, I go straight to her blog to get some. She's such a sweet friend - Thank you, Dawn, for always inspiring me!!! You too can check out all her cool projects HERE.

Supplies: Cardstock: whisper white, certainly celery, bashful blue. Stamp set: Nursey Necessities. Jumbo roller wheel: Nursery Letters. Accessories: small star punch, dimensionals, blue striped grosgrain ribbon.

Here's the inside of the card. Since I used a roller on the front of the card and did not use DS papers to cover the front side to cover the window punch, I did my own twist to this. I cut a 4X4 size cardstock and punched the slot using my window punch.
Thanks for dropping by today! I'm so blessed to have such wonderful friends here on the island and in blogland - many hugs and aloha to all of you!!

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Good for your dad, Teri! And what a super cute card...love the elephant!

Risa said...

Thank goodness your dad is alright Teri! I'm glad to hear that he has been released from the hospital and doing fine. My mom worries me also but she is fine...just cranky! lol
I love your CD holders Teri, they are the cutest!
malieta:)
*ps...Thank you for tagging me and I'll post something this weekend:)

Rita said...

So happy that your dad is home, nothing is better than to be home with family to cheer you up & help make you feel better & get plenty of rest!

Cute card & I totally agree about Dawn being your idol. I also go see her when I need to get inspired & she has such great video tutorials!

Little C's Creations said...

too cute!!!

hugs,
Jen