Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Saturday, July 5, 2008

June Class Projects - Wedding cards

Finally! Here are the wedding cards we made in our June class. I will post the sympathy cards tomorrow.

I saw the idea for this card in a magazine. Thought it was different and cute. You don't need an envelope for this card as it is a fold over note type card. I tinted the flower from the pretties kit with a sponge and the taken with teal classic ink pad. I liked how it turned out. The pearl really added to the flower. Here's a side view of the card.Here's a view of the card opened. Card size is 5 1/2" X 11".

Here are the supplies for this card:
Cardstock: soft sky, whisper white, taken with teal
Score card at 4”, 8 1/2"
Ink: taken with teal
Stamps: Baroque Motifs (flowers, cherish), In My Thoughts (verse – Wishing Two…)
Accessories: Large flower and flat pearl from the Pretties kit, Giga scallop circle punch, large glue dots, velcro dots

The idea for this card came from Dawn Griffith. I thought it was a cute and simple card for a wedding. I really like the clever closure for this card. You stick 2 dimensionals to the bottom only of the square leaving the top w/o any adhesive. The flap will tuck under the closure. This is the same idea that I used on the CD holder.

Supplies:
Cardstock: whisper white, Berry Bliss designer series paper, close to cocoa
Score card at 2”, 6 1/2"
Ink: chocolate chip, close to cocoa
Stamps: Cause for Celebration (wedding cake in square), Spring Pictograms (Congrats), Warm Words (happiness)Accessories: word window punch, pink grosgrain ribbon, marvy square punch, 1 3/8” square punch, dazzling diamonds, 2 way glue
I wanted different looks to each card. I liked how this card turned out! I wanted to use my silver hodgepodge and loved this oval one.
Here is the inside of the card. I attached a piece of whisper white cardstock over the inside flap of the card to hide the ribbon and the brads from the hodgepodge. Then, I adhered a glassine envelope and a cute closure for it.

Supplies:
Cardstock: whisper white, certainly celery
Ink: mellow moss, old olive, cameo coral
Stamps: Happy Everything (happy together), Priceless (Butterfly),
Polka Dot background, Amazing to Zany (love)
Accessories: Silver hodgepodge, certainly celery grosgrain ribbon, glassine envelope, white gel pen

I knew I wanted to use the Purely Pomegranate satin ribbon. I don't know about all of you, but I guess I overstocked on these when SU had a special. I love this ribbon, so elegant! But, these In Colors will be moving out to make room for the new In Colors! I was planning on making these wedding cards real simple, but I guess I forgot what the meaning "simple" is as I got carried away! I do love how it turned out though.
Supplies:
Cardstock: purely pomegranate, mellow moss, very vanilla
Ink: Purely pomegranate
Stamps: Friendly Flowers
Accessories: cuttlebug embossing folder swirls, giga scallop circle punch, mega circle punch, flat pearl, mini glue dots, purely pomegranate satin ribbon

I also loved how this card turned out. Thank goodness for my card advisor and BFF, Wini. She suggested that I use shimmery white for the card. Oooh, it made the card more elegant!! Love this birds & swirls embossing folder.
Supplies:
Cardstock: shimmery white, silver sticker paper (not a SU item)
Ink: going gray
Stamps: Sincere Salutations (Best Wishes), Year After Year (Wedding Cake)
Accessories: silver embossing powder, cuttlebug embossing folder – birds & swirls

Are you getting tired yet?? Sorry, long post...this is the last of the wedding cards. Another bit of advice from Wini...I originally had the whole front of the card in the blush blossom color, but then, Wini told me to cut it down to leave a 1/4" all around. Hey!, I like the look better! Thank goodness for Wini again!! I'm almost sad that the stamp from this set and the wedding cake stamp is in a set that is retiring "Year after Year". I just keep thinking positive that when a good set retires, a better set is waiting! haha!!
Supplies:
Cardstock: very vanilla, blush blossom, groovy guava
Ink: really rust, silver encore
Stamps: Year After Year (Heart), All Holidays (Mr. and Mrs.),
Mark the Date (mini heart)
Accessories: double stitched groovy guava ribbon, cuttlebug embossing folder Swiss dots, dazzling diamonds

If you've purchased a class kit from me and have not received them yet, it is almost done and will be delivered soon! Sorry for the set back when Dad went to the hospital. I am working on getting all the stamping and punching done!!
Thanks for looking today. Tomorrow, the Sympathy cards from the class. (There are only three).


7 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific Teri! I am sure they were a hit! That first one is a real beaut!

Bunny B said...

Those are all really gorgeous!! Esp the 1st one!!

eunice said...

Wow, Teri! You have been hard at work on these wedding cards...each is so unique and truly beautiful. TFS!

Sheree said...

The wedding cards are simple but very elegant. Love them all. Thanks for sharing.
Cheryl

Rita said...

I luv all of your wedding cards, their so beautiful & elegant! You did a fantastic job!

eunice said...

Love your wedding cards...very elegant!

Anonymous said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool websiteWedding Accessories by Weddingstar:)